Chapter 13- Inaana

I hate this with every fibre of my body.

When Papa called me to inform about the invitation, I didn't think he would ask me to join them or would rather want me to dress elegantly.

I so don't want to go to anywhere near Aarav and definitely not his house. Apparently Yash uncle, Aarav's dad invited us for a dinner at his son's place and he even insisted that all of us join go. It's probably because it's been two years since we all met and he seems to like Papa and adore his children.

Now that I look at myself in the mirror, in a beautiful blue dress reaching just below my knees as it sticks to my curves till my waist and then flares rest of the way down. It's a quarter sleeve dress with a V neck showing off my prominent collar bone and covers most of my back but not enough to reach my nape and hide my tattoo. Though it's elegant and pretty for me, it won't be for Papa, no dress will ever be with my blue hair.

After pushing my feet inside a pair of black heels, I grab my phone and put it inside a side purse after doing a ponytail and head down. As I descend to the living room, Papa stands in between the hall talking on a phone while Harsh stands behind him doodling in his phone.

Just as I share the hall with them, Papa turns towards me with a rough expression, "About time."

I just smile and appear to be confident.

Papa walks out of the main gate but not before taking in my look and huffing with a soft shake of head. Nothing new.

I roll my eyes and see Harsh looking at me with a soft smile. I raise one eyebrow at him in a warning to pass a comment but he just laughs, shaking his head as he says, "You look good."

With that he follows my father out. I stand there still for a moment unable to register if he was commenting or complimenting but the clinking of utensils alert my focus to the kitchen.

I walk in there to see Ruby wrapping up the last of her work and as soon as she notices me, a smile appears on both our face while her eyes shines with pure adoration and love as she engulfs me in a hug.

I inhale her familiar comforting smell just as she mumbles, "Ina, you look so beautiful my dear."

I pull back from her with a grin, "Thank you."

Her smile grows as she jokes, "Mr. Malhotra's son gonna drool all night."

" Believe me Ruby, his standards are so high that he wouldn't even chance me glance." I wave her off.

"Oh come on, you're really beautiful."

I don't bother telling her that it's only because she sees me as a daughter and not one of the girls of Mumbai where I certainly don't stand a chance against all those fashionable and smart girls that have people wrapped around their finger.

I wish her good night and request her to work less and get home as soon as possible before I head out myself and get in the car in which Papa and Harsh waits for me in passenger's seat and driver's seat leaving the back seats for me.

I watch the ever glowing lights of the city and imagine myself in a fictional story as a strong and bold main character. I live the moments of being free and smell of freedom wrapped in my world but as soon as the car comes to a stop, all my happy bubbles burst with a boom, and I'm back to reality where I'm just a mere one in the crowd whose existence doesn't hold much importance.

I shake my head to clear it from all the thoughts as I get out the ride. The elevator takes us to the 21st floor where rests just one apartment. Papa rings the doorbell and as we wait, anxiety creeps inside me making me nervous and forcing me to ruin my lipstick as I attack my bottom lip to get rid of some of the edginess.