Chapter 22- Inaana

Aarav

That's it. That's my emotion right now. That's how I feel at the moment as my eyes take all of him in and my heart pounds against my chest so bad that I actually fear for it to break out. It's not about his handsome face or his look, today it's just about him. His eyes, his face, he seems to speak in a language that I never learnt and for the first time, I see something in his eyes that so similar to what my eyes must show when I talk, speak, see, hear of him.

The last time I didn't see him, I cursed myself so much thinking what could possibly have happened if I just had a glance. Now I know when one glance doesn't seem to be enough and I am capable of is to simply look at him, his face, his stubble, and light dark circles under his eyes.

"You guys know each other?" Khalid asks breaking the spell.

Not giving me a chance to answer, Ran speaks, "No."

I shoot him a glance right as Aarav adds, "He wasn't talking to you, asshole."

I shoot Aarav a hard glance just as I feel Ran step forward. I push him back with a hand on his chest while Khalid intervenes, "Okay okay, I get it now. You all hate each other."

Aarav's eyes which were fixed at my hand on Ran's chest moves to his friend and an exasperated look takes over, just as a chuckle comes from behind me, "He isn't worth my shit."

I turn to face my friend, "Calm down, please."

Ran breaks his death glare from over my head and glances at me for a second before nodding.

"Great," Khalid claps, "Now that we know some of us hate each other and would probably slit each other's throat, do we need to bring protection?"

A smile breaks on my face while Aarav faces him with a scrunched forehead and a sly smile.

I am pretty sure Rana happens to have somewhat similar reaction because Khalid looks at each of our faces with a blank expression before he laughs, "Fuck, that came out wrong."

"But you're absolutely right. We do need protection." Aarav smirks at his friend.

"You must need it the most since-" Rana starts but stops when Aarav snaps his eyes at him with a death glare fixed while my head simply bows down out of exhaustion.

"Can we just stop?" I finally retire.

"But-" Ran starts but I cut him off with a glance.

"Please." I say with a tired face.

As I see my friend agreeing with me, I turn to lock my eyes with Aarav who was already looking at me.
This man is so ridiculously beautiful that it takes everything inch of my self-control to avert my eyes from him.

"Aarav, didn't you have meetings?" Khalid asks in a cheerful tone.

My eyes roam from Khalid to his friend when he answers, "Cancelled."

"All of them?"

"All of them." Aarav carries the whole conversation with his eyes fixed over my head.

"Well then. Looks like it really is all of us." Khalid claps as he offers me his hand.

"Mi lady." He smiles at me with a little bow and a smile of my own spreads on my face as I fake lift my gown returning the gesture and take his hand.

Khalid and I walk to the door of a restaurant that looks real aesthethic even from outside.

He opens the door for me offering me to go inside and just as I enter, instead of the room's fresh and different food items attacking my nostrils, a very familiar toxicating scent of certain someone engulfs my nose from behind just as a hot body warms my back.