Chapter 26- Inaana

I stare outside of the window while Kiara pent out her frustration and what all she wanted to say and how exactly she would have called Papa out if it wasn't for me.
I don't doubt that she would have gone with her thoughts had it not been for someone already standing up for me. But why did he? Why does it matter to him? Moreover why did he not let it go like everyone else does?

"Inaana!" Kiara shouts my name so loudly that I jerk away from leaning against the wall as I face her with a shocked face.

"What? What's with the shouting, idiot?" I ask as I flop down on my bed beside her.

"Me idiot? I think it's the other way around since I have been calling you for forever while you were day dreaming. Where were you lost by the way?"

"You know, everytime I meet Aarav, he always consume my thoughts later but today, it was different."

"He isn't all over your mind today?" She asks.

I huff as I say, "Of course he is. But today's different. The feeling, the thoughts, everything seems very different. I'm sure I'm not making sense right now but whatever."

She shakes her head violently as she sits straight and taking my hand in her own she goes, "You make sense, trust me. Just because the feeling is different doesn't mean it's senseless. Tell me why it's not usual though." She sits back resting her head against the headboard while she waits for me.

"Usually people st-" A ping on my phone cuts me off.

Aarav: Wrapping up in 5, tell me where

My spine straightens at his words. He actually is going with his demand from earlier.

"It's him, isn't it?" Kiara peeps, "Of course he didn't forget." She gives me a proud smile.

"What you're smiling at?"

"This guy really is something. No wonder Rana doesn't like him." She snickers.

"Now what does that mean?"

"Duh, he would be replaced. Aarav can totally take his place in your life." She says as a matter of fact.

"Stop being ridiculous. Ran is Ran, he can't be replaced."

"We'll see about that, now reply him."

"No." When she gives me a glare I huff and resign throwing both my hands in the air, "What do you want me to say? And moreover what does he expect me to do? Follow all his orders like a dog?"

"No Ina, I did not mean that at all but come on bro, it's Aarav and he is-" I raise my eyebrows at her as she fumbles for words snapping her fingers in the air and looking for God knows what word in the space above.

"Arrogant, controlling, bad news?" I try to complete for her.

Her face shrinks as she gives a cringed look, "Shut up. He was nice, okay?"

"HUH? Did I just hear you say nice and Aarav in the same sentence? I'm sure it's my mind and it's technical problem because there's no way that can happen."

"Bro, you don't hate him then why pretend?" Kiara states.

"Because I hate the fact that I don't hate him. Although he has given me plenty of reasons to."

I sit down on the bed with a groan. Kaira runs her fingers through my hair as she asks, "So what you're gonna do about the meeting?"

"I don't know. Maybe just say no?"

She ponders over my words before nodding.
With that, just as I grab my phone, she snatches it away with the speed of lightning.

"Do it in person."

I look at her puzzled, "Wouldn't that be meeting him?"

"No, no." She takes the seat beside me, "That would be like not taking his orders in a polite way."

Before I could disagree or even answer, she pulls me up by the hand and start ushering me to downstairs.
Several protests and stomping of feet on my side, when I finally reach the bottom of the stairs, Kaira rushes back to room when I hear the muffled sound of people talking. Identifying those people as Dad and Aarav when their voice started to sound clear I begin to run upwards but looks like something else was planned.

"Inaana." I hear the most unexpected person calling out my name at the moment. Because Aarav under no circumstances can give away the knowledge of us sharing any sort of acquaintance besides the family shit, especially to my father.

I turn around and find two pairs of eyes stuck on me. My eyes travel from Papa to Aarav, whose eyes happen to have gotten darken since the last time I saw him and his clenched jaw, I don't know about the world but to me it is very dangerously evident.

I swallow as I say, "Yes?"

Papa's eyes move from mine to Aarav and vice versa before it fixes on the latter as it is his turn to answer, "Dad is hoping to see you," He turns to Papa with a very genuine fake smile, "You know how fond he is of her. Keeps saying he wishes to have had a daughter like her."

My mind literally freezes at the way he moulds the conversation and looking at my father nodding with understanding, I say Aarav should be awarded for such a great talent.

His gaze returns to me and the obligation to say something immediately hits me.
I nod and say with a tight smile, "Of course. Tell uncle, I'll meet him real soon."

"Well, I thought as I was to drop by Dad anyway, so I could take you too and I'm sure Harsh can pick you up in an hour or two." He offers shoving his hands in his pocket and maintaining the same ridiculous smile.

My ears turn hot at Aarav's word and my eyes right away travels to Papa to see his reaction. He seems to be thinking about it, as in actually giving it a thought but before he could by the slightest of the chances agree, I jump in, "I'm really sorry to turn you down but you see, my friend's just upstairs and we have our little silly thing planned. But please tell uncle, I'll be sure to meet him without fail. Not today but I'll surely do so. Give my greetings to uncle though." I say with a little too cheerful voice.

"Of course." That's all he say before he turns to Papa and offers him his hand for a handshake. I take that opportunity to give them a wave of goodbye and practically run to my room.
I shut the door behind me, ignoring Kaira's questioning look, I throw my face in the pillow and groan loudly.

"What happened?" I hear her ask.

I sit back down and when I open my mouth to answer her, my phone pings.

My eyes widen and my eyebrows shoot up when I read the text.

Aarav: Running away won't help. If I want to talk, I will.

Aarav: You should have given in. Now let's do it my way.

_______________________________________________

Hiiiiii,
I know I'm updating very late and I'm really sorry for that. Also, come on people show me some love. I really need all the motivation and boost you all can give me to update on time and write me. I very much want you guys to share, like and vote as much as possible.
I tell you it's really hard to feel motivated when there's no reaction from the other side. So please lovely readers, do me a push.💞💞