chapter 1 - a calm into

"Y/n!" I heard chuck yell run towards me, I smiled and put my hammer down, I'm a builder and a medjack, "I know this week is one of your builder weeks but," he extended his index finger to reveal a splinter, "Clint and Jeff do it too aggressively and I like the way you do it," he said. I just smiled and started walking to the hut, "come on then," his face lit up and followed behind me.

"Y/n!" Newt said surprised, he was lying on the bed clearly in pain because of his foot, "what are you doing here," he asked. "Chuck wanted me to take his splinter out so..." I reply getting the magnifying glass and the tweezers. "Can you sit down on the edge of the bed please," he did as i said. I sat down next to him and gave him an Apple, "so what have you done today, " I asked him, "well i cleaned the toilets and cleaned everyone's clothes and i realised that it's been nearly a month since I came up here and-" he stopped when he felt that I had put a plaster on his finger, "there you go, all done," I kissed the plaster and he stood up and hugged me tightly, "thank you mu- Y/n," he ran off happily.

"You know he nearly said mum right?" Newt said. "Oh shut it," I say coming over to him and started massaging his foot, "thanks, can I talk to you?" He asked, "what a silly question of course you can," i smile. "Ok, here goes," he sighed, "I don't think I'm only attracted to females, I think I might like men too," he said. "Honestly,  I'm not surprised, " I say, "but dont let anyone tell you who you can and can't love because that's up to you and your future partner, " I say. "You give such good advice, I dont know what I would do if you didnt come up last year," I smiled and kissed his cheek, "this is builder week for me so, I should go do that," i say walked back to Gally. "Sorry bro I was-" he cut me off, "with Newt and chuck," he says and I just nodded. He laughs and and walks back to the half finished table he was making and I went back to making my chair.

My and Gally have been bestfriends since I came up in the box, people think we are dating but I've always seen him as a brother, my actual brother is tok busy leading which I don't mind.

Me and Newt have always known what the other has been thinking, we both think it's to do with our future outside of here.

The alarm came from the box and it was gally's turn to see the greenie, "day one greenie, rise and shine, " he said. And I whispered to chuck, "hey, you know this means your not the new one anymore, " I sling an arm around his shoulder.

When he fell over a memory of a girl with long brown hair and blue eyes laughing sprung back to me and I smiled. Gally and Winston threw him into the pit as I stood there wondering how I know this boy.