chapter 17

Walking around this abandoned lab with all these monitors displaying different areas of the glade including inside my hut made me feel violated, someone had been watching me for over a year, for reasons i do not know, i stared at the one displaying the inside of my hut and noticed that my pillow was gone. I gently placed my hands on the table with the monitor and i could tell i had used this table before. The realisation then dawned on me, for some time, i watched all of the boys that came up before me. The tears came back i silently cried not wanting to bother anyone with my dumb emotions that can't help but show. like always my efforts proved to fail as i felt Teresa hug me from behind her hands finding thier way around my waist with her head on my shoulder, "its okay," she whispered, i relaxed into her touch and placed my hands over her own, "do you think you watched me," i ask, she kissed my cheek. "its quite clear we have a history together, i don't see a doubt in my mind why i wouldn't want to watch you everyday," just then a piece of paper was put in my face, it was a piture of 4 kids smiling, the 2 boys were playing thumb war, the brown haired one was wining and the blonde haired one was frowning, the 2 girls were giggling and whispering to eachother. The resebalance of Thomas, Newt and Teresa was clear as day but the 4th, was that me? i looked too happy, too innocent, too- "hey Y/n, Teresa, reccognise these people," It was Newt with Thomas by his side. "aww look at little Newtie, with a cute little frown on his face," I spoke in a high pitched voice while pinching his cheek, he moved my hand away and smiled handing Teresa the photo, "you were cute Newt, you still are," Thomas commented making Newt blush like crazy, i smiled at the two, am i a good match maker or am i a good match maker? "Y/n, look at you," Teresa giggled moving the picture back in my face, i still refused to believe that that was me, "that doesn't look like me," i spoke not really thinking, teresa looked baffled and took my hand, "i still see her in you," she said moving some hair behind my ear,  "you're just a little grown up."

Our conversation was cut short by a women's voice, Chuck had pressed a button and a video started playing, I ran to Chuck. And listened quietly.

That was just horrific, why the hell did she just shoot herself, I quickly covered Chuck's eyes and closed my own, when us was over I let Chuck see again and he held my hand tightly, "what do we do now," Fry asked, "she said we were important, " Newt spoke up stunned, "let's go" Thomas spoke as a door opened revealing the outside world to us.

"No."

We all turned to the sudden voice and my heart broke, Gally who had been stung, holding a gun at Thomas.

"We can't leave."

For the first time in my life I couldn't speak, what if he shoots one of us for real, well if that happens I want it to be me. "We did, Gally we're out, we're free," Thomas spoke carefully.

"Free?" He scoffed, "you think we're free put there,"

He then held the gun tighter aiming for Thomas, tears were already pooling my eyes.

"No there's no escape from this place,"

His finger moved to the trigger, I was as stiff as a rock, Teresa tried to reassure me by holding the other hand that Chuck wasn't but her efforts didn't do much.

"I belong to the maze,"

"We all do,"

"NOOOOOOOO!"

BANG!

I felt that only one was touching my hand, Minho had speared Gally in the chest, "Y/n," I heard from little Chuck, the angel that he is with a blood stain on his chest, no...

I ran and held him for dear life, "no, no no, Chuck your going to be okay, it's ok, someone pass me the Med kit," I was sobbing now, and no one brought it, I was just kidding myself, I wanted him alive as much as I wanted to give him the life he deserves, he slowly handing Thomas a small figure and he took it crying, Chuck let out his last breath and...

He was gone. The little angel was gone.