chapter 8

Gally called another meeting about the people running in the maze, "they should not be doing this, only one of them is a runner, what if they die, we'd be down 5 keepers," Gally said. I stepped in, "so your more concerned about the role they play in the glade, then them being our friends, our family, Gally winston, is in there, you know your other bestfriend, " I say. "They needed to do this Gally, what if there is a better world outside the maze?" I asked.
Just as I did the boys came back, "how nice of you to join us, you boys enjoy your little field trip," gally said. I was quite annoyed with him, "permission to check on the girl?" I asked, "no y/n it's a  meeting," Gally said. "As far as I'm concerned Newt is second in command and I'm asking him," I say, newt just nodded and let me go, I went and sat on the chair next to her bed, I just looked at her, "hello I'm Y/n, I dont know if you can hear me but, I remember you, as in your face, I dont remember how I know you I just do," I say sadly. I dont know why I was speaking to a asleep girl but then I saw that her finger moved slightly. I smiled, "tap once if you can hear me," I say and she did, "ok once means yes twice means no."

"do you remember your name?"
Once
"Do you remember my name?"
Once
"Do you remember someone named Thomas?"
Twice
"Do you remember anything else from your past life, like mum dad?"
Twice
"Do you feel connected to me?"
Once
"Me too"

Just as I said this Newt walked in, "much to Gallys dismay, tommy is a runner," he said. I just focused on his words and looked at the girl, "you like her don't you," he said with a smirk, "I feel connected to her, in alot of ways, it might be romantic,  it might not be, all I know is that she is important to me," I say. "You know gally isnt gonna like that," Newt said putting an a hand in my shoulder. "Since when did I need approval from him," we both chuckled.