chapter 14

My memories, they were all coming back.

1
"We need your children, they are immune to the virus," a man in a black suit said, I was standing behind my brother silently sobbing as he had a gun in his hand, Ably looked behind him and mumbled to me "I'm right here it's ok just do as I say," I nodded.

2
The blaring lights of the bright white room preventing me from wanting to open my eyes as I woke up in the room WCKD gave me, I sighed rubbing my eyes. I had been crying last night because I could see my brother and I haven't met anyone yet. My doctor came I into my room to deliver breakfast and walked out but before they left they spoke to me

"you'll be getting a room mate in a couple of days"

Trying to process that was hard but I couldn't do anything about it so I decided to go with it.

3
A girl walked into the room with a couple of doctors behind her making sure that she wouldn't run, she came and sat on the bed put next to mine, "hello," I spoke my voice dry but still wanting to be polite when the doctor closed the door and left she started sobbing. I walked over to her bed and sat next to her, "Would you like a hug," I asked and she immediately wrapped her arms around me. The first time I felt that warm feeling only she could give me.

4
"Why are we hurting our friends Thomas?"
"For the cure,"
"Is there one at this point,"
"Look, I know you don't like it tha-"
"I HATE IT THOMAS!!! My brother is in there my friends are in there, what about Newt?"
"What about him?"
"You like him don't deny it!"
"I- I m- might,"
"Thomas, I wish we never built it, I wish we never helped,"
"Why would you say that?"
"Because another is about to die and oh yeah Gally's gonna get sent up tomorrow, "
"Yeah... you know he likes you,"
"I don't like guys like that, "
"Yeah I figured,"
"I wish it was me,"
"What,"
"Tell W.C.K.D that it should be me,"
I walked away with a sigh and I could tell that Teresa was listening through the security cameras, "Goodbye Teresa, I love you,"

_________________________________________

I woke up to the face on Teresa and immediately hugged her tightly, I could tell I was next to the cages and I hugged chuck afterwards, "what the hell were you thinking," he spoke sadly, I proceeded to hug everyone else and then noticed that Thomas was in the cage, "why the suck is he in there!?" I exclaimed. "Gally has everyone convinced that Thomas and I are the reason all this happened," Teresa spoke up. "Well, it's a guess," I sighed, "I worked for wckd, I watched you all get put in the maze with tears in my eyes, I wanted it all to stop, I lost it and begged them to send me up here, so I was with you guys," I say but then I turned to the 2 newest glades with a sad look. "You guys are not going to like this but, you helped me build the maze," I had grown tears and was close to breaking down. "It's my fault," I whisper. Newt spoke up while putting a hand on my shoulder, "if you think, for one second any of us are going to think of you differently then you need a bloody smack," he paused and I slightly chuckled, "you have done so much for us, I don't care if you were a trained murderer, we all love you, now you're the only one that can change Gally's mind," I stopped him this time, "What else has he done?"
"He says that we either join him, or get banished at Sundown with Thomas," I gasped at Newt's words and ran to where some of the glades were, in the crowd I found Gally and grabbed him by the ear, "we need to talk," I say sternly, "Oh Y/n I'm so glad your awake," he said with a smile, "I don't care how glad you are, we need to talk about how much you've changed." He only nodded and let me drag him by his ear uncomfortablely towards what was left of the forest.

------------------------------------------------------------
I'm rly sorry it's been a while, I've just been very busy with school and stuff and I rly hope you do enjoyed this chapter. 💓