part 2 chapter 5

We would walk then sleep, walk then sleep, walk, run from cranks and sleep, we barely had enough to drink or eat. Winston was really in pain, he was walking with support until he fell so we made a make shift hammock thing to move him along with us. We were having a rest and Newt and Thomas were talking and checking out the view I was sat with Winston and Fry was on the other side of the poor boy, "Fry," he whispered, "you've been my best friend," Fry stared shocked and confused then suddenly he grabbed the gun in his pocket and tried to shoot himself but I quickly redirected the shot, "NO!" I screamed. The boys ran towards us as Fry tried to explain what happened while I had hold of the gun gripping it for dear life almost as if it could kill without someone pulling the trigger, "please its getting worse," Winston lifted his shirt to show us the spread, "don't make me turn into one of those, please," I started crying quietly. "We, we could get you help, we can save you we-" I was rambling but Newt cut me off. "Y/n" Newt went up to me and grabbed the gun off of me, "I'm sorry but, it's too late," he said and I just fell into his arms. Its too many people gone or dying, I can't deal with it. Newt gave me to Teresa so I was crying into her neck, and I couldn't see what was happening but everyone was saying goodbye and Teresa started walking which made me look at the boy and I quickly gave him a small hug and kissed his cheek, "goodbye, mate," I say running to Teresa, we were walking away from Winston, Newt leading and me and Teresa close behind him with Thomas. When I looked up, BANG! Winston was dead I covered my mouth with my hand and I found Fry doing the same, I went and held his hand, I took both Fry and Winston for granted and I've always felt guilty but now more than ever so I will comfort Fry until he doesn't need it anymore.

We all found somewhere to sleep and set up a fire and we where all sitting around it, well everyone was except me, I wanted to be alone and I felt that it was my fault, I could of prevented it, if I'd let him go infront to would of been me or maybe if we were even quicker it would have been none of us. "You know we don't blame you," I heard Teresa's voice as she wrapped her arms around my waist from behind. "Doesn't mean I don't blame myself," I mumbled relaxing into Teresa's hold. "Come on, get warm with us," she whispered pulling me tighter into her which I didn't even know was possible. I hesitated unsure but I felt her pulling me anyway, she sat down and pulled me into a hug, "you okay Y/n," I heard Newt ask, I just nodded slowly. A tear still trying to escape, "I never thought I'd say this but," Fry spoke up, "I miss the glade," he looked down, I could feel his pain just by looking at him I quickly hugged him his head on my shoulder and mine on his, "I'm sorry," a whispered hugging him tighter. "No, I don't blame you," he tightened the hug too, one by one everyone go in on the hug and we shared a moment, the moment that we all needed, we may be in pain but we are in pain together.