1. Anna!

"God damn it", I gasp out while slipping a bit with my shoe on the wet pavement.
Of course it was wet. It was a miracle that it was not raining for now. London is famous for its shitty weather but at the moment we are lucky. Well not really I was still struggling not to fall on my bum because of the film of water on the floor. I take another careful step. I shake my head in frustration
Why can't it be a beautiful sunny day for once?! "For God's sake" "Anna!", my friend next to me, who raised an arm in the air so I could grab it said with an familiar tone in his voice. He always uses it when I swear. He hates it and I know it.
"Well excuse me Mick, but this bloody dress in combination with these things on my feet and the wet floor is going to be the death of me!", I reply while grabbing his his arm thankfully.

"You are lookin stunning my dear", I hear from behind me. "Who cares if I die, as long as I look stunning" I roll eyes at her comment. She is just laughing it off. She is wearing flats and right now I would sell my soul for a chance to wear these. So her comment was not a real help. More likely another reason to swear again. I was fuming inside of me.
"Come on now it's your big day let's just not be late, shall we?", my gentle lifesaver to the right suggests. He reaches with his other hand for my hand and places the arm around my waist. "Thank you. Let's hope we will get there in one piece", I chuckle while taking his hand and quickly move a string of hair out of my face. "We are nearly there. Let's go", he smiles gently down on me. What would I do without him??

"Anna you did it! Congratulations. I am beyond proud. You worked so hard! Well done!", Liv, my older sister, is running my way and falls into my arms. A kiss lands on my cheek. I can tell she is over the moon. She even has tears in her eyes. "You turned out to such a gorgeous intelligent hard working young woman. I wish mum would be here to see you." She hugs me again tightly. The bond between us sisters is so weird. One moment we could pull each other's hair out the other we are besties.
After letting go of me she raises her hand to wish my tears away while smiling at me also with tears running down her face.
My best friend waits patiently till it's his turn. And he closes me in his long arms. Calmness and Warmth surround my body. He is my rock.
"I am very proud. Congrats", he whispers in my ear. I can hear a smile in his voice. Not a men with many words but what a kind soul this young racedriver has.
"Thank you Mick. I appreciate that and you know you had a massive influence on me. Without you I wouldn't be here!" "No I don't think so. You did all the hard work! I am so happy for you. You did it on your own. " I give him a kiss on the cheek. What a true gentlemen. It would be impossible to argue with him about that but I know in the bottom of my heart that he pushed me immensely. I owe him so much.
He was by my side for ups and downs for over two years now. Mick is my best friend and an absolute treasure.
I met him in 2018 in the Formel 3 season where he finished as the champion. He was just 19 and I just turned 18. While studying communications in London in my second semester I did my 3 month internship at sky sports. Ever since we first met on the grid while an interview we were close and just on the same page. Growing together as persons, as friend and as successful people in the things we do.

So no wonder he was here with me  celebrating my bachelor degree. Even if it was a weird and not normal ceremony due to the pandamic. But I was with him when he celebrated his win in 2018 and in 2020 as well. So it was great to once be the reason to celebrate. His Cristal blue eyes are sparkling down at me. I enjoy ever second of our little moment, these moments are rare.

"Okay enough of that all let's go home. I am starving. We should order some pizza.", my sister decided the moment of silence is over. I peck down at my degree in my hands. Still very surreal.
I did it. I bloody did it. I turn to Mick with a wide smile on my face. "I fucking did it" "Anna!", he says again with this tone in his voice shaking his head with a grin on his face. He gave me a pass on that one.