14. Dancing Queen

"What do you mean?" It is the evening after the race. The streetlights of Monaco were already shining in all the colors of the rainbow, making the whole scene magical. "I am sorry Sir but due to Covid you are only allowed to bring one person with you." "This is ridiculous." Mick isn't happy about the situation. His jaw is sharpened in frustration and he rubs his temple with his finger. I feel bad for him, he wanted to go with us just to have fun but after the race his mood is understandable not the best. Which is reasonable. I should leave. This wasn't my place to be in. Justina is his girlfriend and they should have fun together. I can enjoy a quiet evening in my hotel room. "It's alright Mick", I gently place a hand on his arm "I will just go back and have an early night" "No you're not! You coming with us one way or another."Justina says." Look at you. All dressed up. Would be a shame to not see you dance in this outfit."

"Agreed", I hear an aussie accent behind me

"Agreed", I hear an aussie accent behind me. "she is with me", Daniel Ricciardo appears out of nowhere next to me and places a hand on my upper back with a cheeky smile on his face. I look confused at the raved river but then I quickly nod at the security guy with the sweetest smile that I ever gave anyone. He rises an eyebrow but then let us through. Followed by Mick and Justina we are entering the venue.
It's a bar with a little dance floor, to the harbotside it's open with a balcony. I can see the breathtaking view through the white linen curtains. There are just a few people here yet, the majority should be here later on.

I still feel Daniel's hand on my back  with slight pressure guiding me through the venue

I still feel Daniel's hand on my back  with slight pressure guiding me through the venue. He greets a few people we pass and wears a huge smile on his face as usual. It is a closed party so all people here are somehow related to formula one. I see familiar faces like Charles and Charlotte or Pierre, a few engineers that I have seen before are also here. We stop at the bar. Mick and Justine right beside us. "Thanks Daniel" I smile at him. "Oh of course I couldn't let you go home. Would be a shame. Also it's good to help our Schuhmacher Junior over there. I am sorry what's your name?" he laughs his eyes are surrounded by lines. Oh gosh.. Embarrassing. Obviously I know who he is. How could I not. I mean it's Daniel Ricciardo. You can hear his laughter even before you can see him. He is a legend. Of course he doesn't know who I am, so it's time to intruduce myself. "Oh sorry how rude. I am Anna" "Lovely too meet you Anna.", he gives me a little kiss on the check. I smile and blush a little. He is cute. I like him already. "The pleasure is all mine. Thanks for getting me in" "Oh yeah no worries. I love when I can help. So you are a friend of Mick? Haven't seen you around before" The Aussie looks behind me with a smirk. I can feel the present of my best friend, he feels responsible for me to be comfortable. Didn't want me to be alone. I lean a bit back touching his elbow with my back, signaling I am fine. This is just our way to communicate. We don't need lots of words. We just send signals by little touches or certain eyecontact. "Yes I am his bestie." I say with a grin and strike a pose with my hands framing my face. Daniel rises his eyebrow while laughing. "But you never been to a race" "Do you guys want anything" the bartender interrupts. I turn around to Justine ignoring Mick because I know he wouldn't have anything but water. "I will not have much but should we start easy?" She asks. I agree. "Two French 75 please", I turn to my date, I guess, for tonight "and you Daniel?" "Just a water please" And the bartender starts with our order. I look at the curled one closely. He is clearly an attractive guy and very likable. He dimples probably melted thousands of girl hearts. "You are a ladies men aren't you" I shout very direct and forward. No shit chating. I hear laughter next to me "Oh yes he is", I hear a Dutch excent very closely over the pounding music. Max appears next to us. Putting a hand on Daniel's shoulder. "Hey mate" he greets. He greets Mick and Justina behind me as well. Then reaches out with a fist. "Hey I am Max" "Anna. Nice to meet you. An congrats on the win. " I give him a fistbump. He directs his attention back to Daniel, who wears his huge smile on the face. "Thank you! So she is.." "No" my opponent says "She is a friend of Mick" I guess Max just suggested that I am a girl of Daniel's. A bit young no? Well actually age is just a number. And Daniel clearly acts younger then he is. "Oh right. Oh wait" Max's face drops, this is confusing me. "Anna?" Max mumbles. He just realized something but I just don't know what. I look at Daniel for help. He doesn't know what is going on either. I feel someone getting closer to me interrupting this uncomfortable situation. Thank goodness.
"We are going back to the hotel. I can't do it" Mick. I turn around in worry. "Is everything okay?" I put my hand on his arm. His face is filled with stress. Justina already getting up from her seat in a hurry, having a look on her face that I knew so well. It appeared on his, hers and my face multiple times over the last years. "Yes, it was a tough day. I think it's better to rest. WI you be OK? " "Of course, have a good one buddy." I give him a tight hug and a kiss on his cheek. I know this look on his face. I hug Justina for a goodbye as well "If something is wrong call me yeah? " I whisper in her ear. She nods and takes Micks hand. They both disappear out of the bar.