9. Sisters

My sister jumps up. "Oh no no no please don't" I lean with sight, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I knew there would be a reaction like this. "Anna I swear to you" she lifts her finger to make her point clearer. Her head is getting red in excitement but she doesn't smile. It's a serious look on her face "you can't date a footballer. This will go horribly wrong" I roll my eyes with a little smirk. She doesn't know Mason like I do. The way he behaves and cares.
It is a few days later and we spent every minute together. Tonight there will be the cup final but I had set this date with my sister for weeks so it would be rude to cancel. Even if I really wanted to go just to support him. I feel comfortable around him, just can be myself. He is not judging me. So I am relexed and ready to defend mason from my sister. But firstly I need to clarify the facts. "We are not dating" Now she is getting even more angry "So what is this shit" Gosh... she is furious, running through my livingroom like a lion is hunting her down. Liv is overprotective,always had been. I already knew that, but this is an whole new level. She is even swearing. It scared me a bit so I shuffle a bit more away from her. "I don't know. We are friends" She stops walking up and down. Holding on to my kitchcounter for more grip. I see her white knockles from her hand, her grip is hella tight. I just want to say something to calm her down, when the storm breaks down on me. "Oh fuck off Anna. Don't you dare to lie to me. What would mum say to this. I am your sister. Don't you fucking dare lying to me. I love you and I care about you. So tell me the truth. You wouldn't kiss a guy if you don't like him. At least you never did before. The last time you.. "her voice got softer in the end. But mine was sharp when I interupt her "Don't" Its a warning not to push the barriers and she knew she couldn't go that far without having me hurt. Her eyes go soft again and she sits down next to me. "Listen, I will not go there. But you get my point. You definitely don't want to be his friend" a little smile appears on her face, the same smile our mum wore on hers. I look down at my hands they are locked and a bit sweaty. "No probably not. But we will take our time." "But he is a footballer. This can't go right" "It might not. But I want to try anyway. He is worth it."I look up. Surprise is what I can see in her face, we never had this kind of conversation for myself before. We talked a lot about her relationships and stuff. But this is kinda new." I trust you. And I am here for you. But please be careful. Don't let him hurt you" "He won't. Mason is a good one" "They all will", a sad smile appears on her face when she takes my hand.

"I am sorry Mase" I whisper in my phone. Careful not to wake up Liv, who is all cuddled up in the pillows in my bed. I stand by the kitchen with a cup of tea in my hand listening to my upset friend. "It's just so unlucky." His voice is quiet and filled with pain. Chelsea lost. But not any game. The cup final. I take a sip of my tea and the warm liquor is running down my throat. It fills my stomach with warmth and satisfaction. The perfect way to calm down after a stressful day with my sister. We talked so much about Mason and it frustrated me. She really tried to warn me. But there is nothing to be warned off. "I can't leave. My sister is still here but do you come over for a bit?", I whisper in my phone. "I'll make tea", I add. What else could I do. Of course he is disappointed and upset I just don't know what to do. "It will take a while tho", he says. In the background I hear noise from other guys. I guess he is still in the changing room. "I will wait. You shouldn't be alone
tonight Mase. As long as you want to be alone", I try to make him feel comfortable with whatever decision he will make. "I will call you, when I am there. So your sister can sleep in peace." "Okay drive safely"

"Do you want another cup of tea", my hands wander through this thick brown hair. A few strains are still wet from the shower but it is so soft anyway. From time to time I touch his forehead while stroking his head. The Chelsea player pays flat on my couch with his head in my lap. He seems so vulnerable and sad in this moment that it pinches me in my heart. I lean forward to press. A kiss next to his ear. I feel a movement of his facemuscel on my leg. He smiles. I am glad he did, I missed it. And even now when I cant see his smile it's brightness up the room.
Mason is been here now nearly an hour and it's getting awfully late. My head is getting heavier and my eyes just want to rest. Eventuelly I close them leaning my head back but still messaging Masons head. "I should go home" I hear a very quiet whisper, he is already half asleep. "No, we will stay exactly like this." I whisper back.

"Anna" a slight touch on my shoulder wakes me up. I open my eyes to see my sister hovering over me. "I am going to work now", she informs me. I  look down to see masons head still in my lap sleeping peacefully. With tired eyes I look up to her and whisper "Drive safely" Liv leans down to give me a little kiss. Careful enough to not wake the guy up. She walks over the door just a second before closing it she goes "Anna. I like him already. He is soft, that's good" Then she is gone. Shortly after I fall asleep again with a slight smile on the lips. Firstly because I kinda got an approval from my lips and secondly I am with Mason. This fact fills my stomach with butterflies.