8. Warmth

A cozy warmth around me is the first thing that I noticed when I wake up. Something under me is moving up and down slowly. I feel an arm around my upper back it is warm as well. As I open my eyes slowly I see just some blue fabric. And the windows with closed curtains. My hand is laying close to my head, feeling something solid under it. Definitely not a bed. I recognize that my head and parts of my upper body is laying an masons chest. Him breathing is what I felt. A smile appears on my face. What a wonderful way to wake up. "Are you awake", I hear a whisper close to my head. I don't want to answer so I just move my head, what should've been a nod. Enjoying the moment of him being so close to me. "Then good morning to you sleeping beauty" I hear him smile. This is the moment when I look up at him. His hair is wild but he still lokes perfect. I see that he is very awake already. His armes are wrapped around me and he is on his phone scrolling down his insta feed. "How long have you been up already?" My voice is still filled with sleep and it is more like a whisper. "Like an hour or so" He locks his phone and leans his head back on the header of the bed smiling down at me. "Why didn't you wake me up", I am embarrassed by that answer. He stayed with me for over an hour when I could've been doing so much. But yet I am glad he stayed. "I didn't want to. You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to awaken the monster" For that he gets a little slap on the just but he just laughs it off and brushes my wild hair out of my face. I put my head back on his chest cuddling a little closer. His arms not longer holding his phone. They are wrapped around my body filling the air around me with a cloud of his sence and warmth. I could've stayed with him like this forever.
"MASON", I jump a little and my eyes flash back open again. The voice of a woman halls through his house. I look up to his eyes. All off the smile disappeared and he seems all nervous. "It's Chloe" I whispers removing his arms from my body. He doesn't look happy. His hand wanders in his neck. "In like.." I am more then surprised. "Yeah.." We hear footsteps on the stairs and another yell "Mason" I look at the Chelsea player in panic. This could end very badly. I shrug away from him and out of the bed. "what should we do" Panic is in my voice. I am not ready for an confrontation with his ex. Not wearing his clothes, not after our kisses last night, not after sleeping in his bed. The bedroom door swings open. "Mas", the woman, who could be a supermodel, stopped when she discovers me. Awkwardness spreads over the room. Mason still in bed rubbing his neck. Her staring at me and me not knowing what to do just staying around and try to die. I don't want to be here. I hate this. "Good Morning Chloe." The gorgeous lady turns her head to him. I can't figure out if she is mad or not. But she clearly has a huge questionmark on her face. She needs a few breaths before saying the reason why she is actually here. "I am here to pick up Frida? Just like we discussed." "Oh yeah ehm sure. Well since you are here. This is Anna." he introduced me. I try to put a smile on my face. But I make it even weirder. "Yeah hi" I put a forced smile on my face. Why couldn't it happen under different circumstances. "I know you" Chloe says. This didn't just throw me out of line but Mason as well. "You do?" he asks. "Yeah, you are the one friend of Schuhmacher." Ohh of course... A Formula 1 fan.. A super mega fan, if she knows me... Could it be better. "You are what", Masons voice cracks. Chloes eyebrows wanders up skeptical about this all. "You don't know each other that well."  Silence fills the room. "Anyways Anna. Nice to meet you. I hope you two had a good time. Ehm I would take the dog and let you both enjoy you're morning" I am impressed how fast she got her shit together and acts like nothing weird just happened. I decide to play along. Let Mason know how to handle that and not just rubbing his neck in awkwardness. "Oh the pleasure is all mine Chloe. I hope I will see you around." The woman disappears through the door again and we are alone. We stair at each other before breaking out in loud laughter. I jump on his bed sitting next to him and give him a slight slap on the shoulder." That was fucking awkward Mason! What the hell! " I laugh. I couldn't be angry, its not even his fault. He gets the hold of my hands and takes them with a tight grip. "Oh yeah? That was awkward? She knows you.. She knows your bestfriend.. And I don't.. That is fucking awkward" he grins back and lay my hands down on his chest. I feel his heartbeat under my fingertips. This signal of life, health and strength that made me feel welcome and comfortable. Just 24 hours we were so shy and careful around each other and now every touch, every moment is just normal. But more than normal it is filled with excitement and warmth.
"You didn't ask" I shoot back. "Yeah well how should I assume that your best mate is this famous German fella with an even more famous father." "You watch formula one?" "No not really but I know the basic stuff. Is quite an intense sport" I nod in agreement. "The excitement on the track is unmatched to any experience I ever felt." His eyebrows rises and he seems a bit hurt. "What about last night" he says while studying my face. This answer is important for him. I just could see it at the way he looked at me. "You mean the stadium? That is a different experience." I smile and remember him scoring, the support screaming and our little special moment. "I didn't mean that in particular." "You didn't?" Of course he didn't. But I am all up to tease him. I felt confident in the bond we are building that It wouldn't be a problem. "I mean our kiss" There it is. I smile down at him. He is still under the bedsheets, hair wild. He seems so normal like anyone on the street. Not the player that scored in a fucking Championsleauge Semifinal. "I can't remember clearly" What a lie. How could I forget. But the smile growing on his face shows me he understands. He sits up. Now closer to me, taking my head in his one hand just like yesterday. "Then let me remind you", he leans forward to give me a sweet kiss. The feeling covering my body I have felt before but this was a long time ago. And I am all in. He pulls away leaving his taste on my lips. Opening my eyes I discover his gorgeous Bambi eyes in front of me filled with warmth. Little wrinkles surround his eyes. I finally get to the point where I find the right words. "And this warmth is unmatched"

"So when did you met Mick?", I couldn't figure out if it is a sense of jealousy in his voice or not. But he wanted to discover my life so I let him. We decided soon after getting out of bed, we should gave breakfast. So we sit in the kitchen together with a cup of tea, some sliced apples and Avocado toasts chating along. " In 2018. He was in formula 3 and I was an intern for sky news." "Oh cool, so you work as an journalist?" "Well. Not really. I just got my bachelor degree in communication studies and will start my master in autumn. It will be more like brand communications."
I can't imagine how long we are sitting in his kitchen talking about our lives and getting to know each other. He knows about my family history now, my studies and my life with Mick on the track. I know about his family, he showed me some pictures of his adorable nephew, I know about his big dreams, his friends, and his plans for the summer.
"So when will you go to meet the team?" "On June 4th" his eyes sparkle in excitement. Oh I admire him for loving his job so much. "Gosh that not even a week after the final" He shakes his head. "No, but when your country calls." he laughs. But pride swings in his voice. "And you will go as a champion" "I will. But I wanted to ask you anyway if you want to come." "To Porto?" My heart is flying right now. Of course I want to. I want to support him wherever I can.