20. Our Time

The blue eyes of Lando are the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear sounds next to me. When I open mine will his stare back at me? Guilt overcomes me when noticing my thoughts. I can be lucky Mason doesn't know what is going on inside my brain. But this is all not true isn't it? I am happy that Mase is the one whoms arm is around my shoulders spending me warmth and comfort. I let out a sight in annoyance. When will this bullshit finally end? Is it too much to ask to just be happy? The blue eyes of the racedriver return unfront of my closed eyes. He looks at me with this puppylook like I just broke his heart. Quickly I open my eyes and end this hallucination. Trapped under Masons weight of his body and arms it is impossible for me to get out completely without waking him up. He is probably exhausted by all what's been going on yesterday so I will let him have his lay in. I grab my phone from the counter next to me and unlock the screen. There are so many messages. Of course there are. First I look at my private ones. I text my sister back, then Laurie and Dec and also Mick. They are all congratulating me and Mason and obviously are very much hyped. With Mick I quickly exchange a few text regarding the race in France which I will attend. It's gonna be a great time. Just when I blink and for a second my eyes are closed I hear the voice of the car. I am addicted to that sound and the smell of the rubber. Obviously seeing my best friend driving and living his best life fills my heart with joy but at the same times worries me. The danger of this sport is unreal and yet so present. It will always be stuck in my head. I smile at my screen which shows the profilepicture of Mick together with his dog Angie. I miss that little one and can't wait to cuddle with her. He is such a golden person. I don't want to know what I would do if he would be seriously injured. It would be like losing my brother, that I never had. I love him like that dearly. But I can't turn away from him because he is my family. And you support family. It's different when I choose to walk away from Lando. It was not only to protect me and my fear what could happen but also to protect his dreams. I am scared that I couldn't support him to the fullest as a girlfriend should and as he deserves. I wouldn't be able just based on the always present fear caused by his job. So I choose a different path and with Mason I can do it. It is easier. He doesn't risk his life everytime he does his job. Yet living with him, being the partner on his side is not easy at all. They're both adored by their supporters, idolized and hugely covered by the press. Dating someone in the public eye will be a challenge for sure. But it's a challenge I except, for my own happiness sake. "Good morning", a raspy voice next to me fills my ears. Quickly I lock my phone and turn around with it in my hands. Now I face the Chelsea player. His eyes are barley open but he already wears a smile on his face. I am fascinated by his positivity. I shovel closer to him with his arm now around my waist and the other under his head. "Good morning champ" my lips find his and at the touch of his soft lips I smile.

"I swear if you laugh at me I will not go" I shout through the door. We are back in London and I am hiding in the bathroom of masons. Little did I know that we would have this Teamevent going on as soon as we are back in the UK. And I was furious when he told me that morning after the final. I had less then 2 days to buy a outfit. It should be formal so I needed heels as well. They will be the death of me tonight. I check my face in the mirror in front of me. My makeup and hair are flawless and quiet natural. My nails are still painted like the day at the final and they're matching perfectly with the dress. I fell in love when I first saw it and obviously the color is just unreal. It's identical to the Chelsea color which seems like a good fit. I feel a little uncomfortable in it. Not because I didn't like it or it didn't fit, I just hope I am not under or overdressed. My nerves are going crazy figuring out what is suitable. "I won't laugh Anna. Come on we are running late." My cheeks are glowing red when I swing open the door to the bedroom. Mason stands there patiently waiting with his hands in his pockets. He looks unreal in his shirt and suit trousers. He looks formel but yet stylish and pretty. His eyes widen when he finally sees the dress I choose.