32.The Dutch Roar

My mood is as bright as ever. It's been years till I've been back to my birthplace and it actually feels like forever. The Netherlands still have a special place in my heart even if I consider England my home. Well at least I did, maybe that would change now, that I am living in Monaco. But London in particular was the place where I spend most of my life. Nearly all my life. It was the place I always find peace when coming home from crazy travels across the world. But it also has a bitter taste to it. It is the city where my mother died. But here in the Netherlands is where she gifted me with my life. This is where I spend three beautiful years of my childhood. My roots are here and even if I don't feel dutch at times, I am Dutch. The pride for this country is pounding in my heart just like it pounds for England. But there is also a little pride for Germany also because this is where my mum grew up. Just the thought of her brings a smile on my lips. She always wanted the best life for me. A life with lots of light, laughter and love. Since meeting Mick it had evolved in exactly that. I worked hard to be in the position I am in today, but I wouldn't have done it without the support of my friends. Especially Mick who showed me countries around the world. But also the lessons different people taught me over the last couple of month shaped me immensely. The honesty of Pierre showed me the harsh truth. The patience of Mason gave me faith in my own personal growth. The strength of Max taught me to work even harder. The kindness of Daniel gave me back the power to let loose and just follow my dreams. The loyalty of Mick gave me the opportunity to make mistakes without being judged. And even the situation with Lando taught me about the tough situation in life. But that is fine because when I would've broke just a year ago going through this emotional Rollercoaster,  now I was fighting through it with my head held high.

The car is slowing down. Outside of the window I see people running around and flags in the air. Dutch flags. I've been picked up at the airport just 2 hours ago. It was the earliest flight there was today. And it was incredibly early. But I am here and that all it counts. When the door gets open by the chauffeur the loud noise of the engines fill my ears. "What's the time?" my eyes wander around the place. My hopes are that Quali hasn't started yet. When everything worked out as Christian Horners Assistant planned, I should have enough time to say hi to at least a few people before the Quali mess would start. The third free practice is surely over by now. "it's ten past one" he holds my pass for the paddock in his hands. "Free practice just ended." he adds and hands me over my ticket. It's again a Redbull one. I loved the fact Max invited me to his garage for such a special race. Thinking back to how shocked he was when he found out that I am Dutch as well, I need to hold back a laugh." Thank you sir" I take the pass and my handbag, to turn away from the car and face the entry. The sun is shining down on me beautifully in a welcoming matter. My spirit is truly high as I walk towards the gate. "Anna" I hear someone shout my name from the right. My attention wanders to the person and when I see a group of girls waving at me I change my direction and go over to them. "Can we take a picture?" one of them asks. Her cheeks flush in a colorful red. I am not sure if its because of the sun or the excitement. It is rather unusual that people wait at the entrance, when the races already started. But I don't put more thoughts into it. "Sure" I smile at them and pose with the girls for a picture. Patiently I wait till everyone got what they wanted. "All good?" I ask before I wanted to head of. "Yes thank you so much." a girl with bright pink hair nods. "I love your hair."I say out my mind. She starts to giggle."Thank you" I wink at her. "Do you mind if we ask you a question?" the girl who called me over looks shyly at me. "No not at all. Go ahead." I step back a bit and take of my mask. It's just nicer if they could see my face properly. I am surprised by how confident I handle these kind of situations now. Sue would be surely proud. These ladies are super kind so I wasn't to nervous to approach or interact with them."How are you?" She smiles shyly. I am touched that she was so respectful to ask for my approval that she could ask how I am. "I am very good thank you. How are you ladies? Having a good time?" They all nod and smile at me. The eyes are sparkling. "We were hoping to see you today" the girl with the pink hair admits. "Aww that's very sweet. Well good that I came then" I joke with them. They laugh a little. "I think I need to get going guys. It was lovely to meet you. Enjoy the raceweekend." "Thank you Anna!" they wave me a goodbye while I put my mask back on. Again surprised by the fact that people are especially hoping to see me I walk my way. My eyes get flashed by some photographers taking pictures of me just when I entered the paddock. This is not a pleasant effect since my public appearance with Mason. I reckon the fact that I was now also considered Daniel's girlfriend wasn't helping much either. I put a slight smile on my face. "Hey, hoe gaat het vandaag?" I greet the guys and ask them how it's going in Dutch. Actually it feels weird to speak this language again. I probably have such a strong accent even if my first words that I ever spoke where in Dutch. Sometimes my sister and I would speak our mothertongue just so Noone else could understand what we were saying but besides that I would never speak it. The photographers greet back and step back from me when they had enough. Some sort of racing is going on at this track. I can hear multiple engines roaring in the air and the crowd is active. When I look to the grand stand the number of orange was immaculate. Basically it's just orange and a little bit of white. Looking down at myself I smirk. I would say, that I fit the theme for the race weekend. My outfit for tomorrow was also in the honor of the orange, Max will be delighted.