38. The Evil

"Goodness" I let the heavy shopping back drop down from my shoulder on the ground next to me. It's been a few days since the night out with Max and let's say the day after was a lot. It was kinda embarrassing hearing from Charles how we behaved like. Even when Max finds it all ridiculously funny, it was surely not his proudest moment either. I apologized to Charles a million times and also begged Lando to delete the picture I send him that evening. He really loved to mock me since then with it, but he agreed to swear that he will not tell anybody about what happened. The same counted for Charles. It's close to a miracle nobody spotted the Dutch pack (as Lando now loves to call us) by anybody and captured all these ridiculous moments. And even if somebody did they were so kind to see we were absolutely hammered that they had pitty with us. My video of Daniel on the other side went absolutely viral. The fans loved the part when Daniel promised he would win and it's been shared a lot all over different accounts. Also Daniel shared it as well as McLaren itself which boosted it more then I imagined. They were really pleased and so was I. The feedback was overwhelming and I am very lucky this night out didn't destroy the picture of what I try to build up immediately after starting it.
The AC in the villa is a blessing in this heat of Monaco. My skin turned noticeably into a way darker shade since I moved here, but my English body is still not used to have so much sun and these high temperatures on a daily basis, so I am always happy to be back in the cool house. "Shorty?" I hear an unexpected voice from somewhere in the house. So it's seems like Daniel is already back from his trip to England. When I peak around the wall where I expect my roommate, I see the horror. Michael, Daniel's coach, grins at me with just pure joy in his eyes. My eyes fly from the Australian to the wide open doors to the terrace, where are some training devices spread around. My eyes widen even more in realization, I need to find an excuse.. like now! "Nope absolutely not, I have a lecture." I shake my head and grab the shoppingbag from the floor to put the  groceries away. "It's Saturday Anna." I freeze in the middle of my motion. Shit. I forgot which date it is. My eyes wander slowly to my roommate, who is smiling back at me devilish from the floor close to the terrace. His face is red from the exercise and the sweat on his skin sparkles in the sun. He rises his water bottle at me with a huge grin. "No excuses, c'mon shorty! Let's get in shape" "Working out is not only good for the body you know, it's also very good for your mind and can help you concentrate better at your study." Michael says while Daniel underlines his statement with heavy nodding. I groan as my heart sink just knowing there is no way getting out of this. "Fine I will change real quick and you two will put away the shopping" I point at the bags I dropped again before making my way upstairs to put on a sports outfit. Suddenly my mood is as bad as the day after the night out with Max. Already dressed and with my hair in a tight ponytail I grab my phone quickly and open my chat with Lando.

L: Just got home again. I will have a meeting now, we can have lunch together? 🤍

A:
Sounds great! Call me ASAP and help me get out of the workout with Daniel🥑 and his trainer.😅🤍

"Annaaa" my roommate shouts from downstairs, impatient as always. But right now I couldn't even hold a grudge because Lando just texted me for the first time a heart. That's an amazing sign, no? We are making process even though we are not able to be in the same room one on one at the moment. My smile grows and grows looking forward of us having lunch together later on via FaceTime. It's always a great opportunity to speak to each other and share how the day was. We did it quiet often over the last days after the Dutch cultural experience. He is a refreshment to all this madness of social media and studying. His light heartness brings joy in my life that I wanted since I first saw him. It's still crazy which immense journey we have behind us before we were kinda on the same page for once. "Annnaa" Fucking hell  this dude can't leave me alone for a minute. I lock my screen while rolling my eyes at him and make my way down again. The bag with the shopping is gone from the spot where I left it and the two men stand smirking next to the kitchen counter.