13.Monaco

It is lovely outside. The sun is shining and a light breeze let's the fabric of my jumpsuit move around my body. The weather ist purley perfect. I am still sitting on the terrace enjoying the calm before heading to the track for the race. I slept longer then I should've but I had troubles to fall asleep. Landos face was all present last night while laying in my bed and the memories of us were wandering around in my mind. When I finally fall asleep there were just a few hours left till my alarm went off, so I decided to press snooze a couple of times this morning. But I am still tired. A huge yawn leaves my mouth, I sit with my head laid back on a chair on the terrace with my breakfast plate empty in front of me, taking in the sun. "Good mornin, enjoying the sunshine?" I open my left eye seeing a figure in front of me. I hold my hand up to shadow my eyes. It's Charlotte, who is smiling down on me. She looks stunning. "Good Morning, yes. Haven't had this in England for a while" I smile, moving back into my original position. "Have a seat, if you want". I point next to me. The terrace is barley used. The most guest probably hang out at the pool or are at the track already. She takes the chair next to me and let out a sight "Gosh it is so peaceful" "It is indeed", I mumble back. There is silence between the two of us for a while, just enjoying the warmth. Until my alarm goes off. It's time to go. "It's my alarm to catch a cap. Do you want to go as well?" I stretch myself in all my length before turning to Charlotte while yawning again. "Nah I have a driver from Ferrari, do you wanna join?" My eyes light up. Thank goodness. I hate this weird cap drives, where Noone is saying a thing. I nod "I would love that"

If I wouldn't know better I wouldve guessed the press waited at the check in for us. We leave the car after thanking the driver, around us are cameras flashing and a few fans shouting Charlottes name. She is heading towards them to quickly take some pictures and give autographs. Another thing that is different to F2. Fans are even interested in the people around the drivers. I observe the scene in front of me while patiently waiting. "sorry" Charlotte is catching up on me and we go through the gates. "No worries. Make these fans happy" I wink at her. The sound of engines and busy people talking around us is taking over. The madness I so dearly missed. Her way splits from mine when we reach the Ferrari garage. I walk my way all the way down towards Haas. When I  pass the Mclarens I risk a look into the garage. Lots of white and orange engenieers are working everywhere but not I can't discover the familiar face, that I wanted to see. Lando qualified 5th which is amazing but the mood of Mick is probably be less euphoric. He will start last of the grid. Another disappointment but I still will be here for him, like in the good times. He is living his dream, that all what counts. His time will definitely come. I step into the garage getting greatet by Mick with a hug.

The race was exciting. Some good moves from the drivers lots of drama with Bottas needing to stop and Charles not even getting to the start. But even better is the result. Not for Mick he finished last unfortunately but for Lando. He got a pole. P3. I wanted to watch the celebration with my own eyes. So I am standing in the crowd of Ferrari, Redbull and Mclaren Workers. I definitely shouldn't be here but who cares. A huge smile grows under my mask seeing Lando getting up to his podium. And even a little tear rolls down my face, when he get to hold his trophy. I see his happiness under his cap and mask. The people around me cheer for this young guy with all their love and support. He deserves this. They start spraying each other with their champagne or sparkling wine or whatever that is and the crowd is cheering. When everything is calming down again I know it's my time to go. More tears start to roll down my face. I don't know how to handle this. My emotions are all over the place. "Are you OK my dear?" a blond woman with a worried look on her face gets a hold of my arm. I don't answer just nod. "You are no worker of any factory so you shouldn't be down here. Who are you with?" I know I am in trouble now so I bite my lip. As guilty as a human possible can I answer "With Mick" She smiles gently at me "You should be at the Haas garage. What's your name?" "Anna" I mumble looking around me. I don't want to get the attention of the people around us. " I am Charlotte. If you ever need help, get lost or have questions you can come to me. I am usually there were Lando is, this guy up there is" she winks at me and points up to the podium, where Lando still stands with Carlos and Max. "Thank you for not telling me off or call seeing security." I smile at her and disappear in the crowd towards Haas.

When I see my best friend in the garage I know it's time for a serious talk. So I grab his arm, apologize to his conversation partner and pull him into his driver room. The German looks at me with a serious face. He breathes in to say something, probably to complain about what I am doing here, but I am quicker. "Mick, I love you, you know that. Everyone loves you. You are amazing and so incredibly talented. You will win races in the future, if someone doubts that, he is stupid. It sucks at the moment but it is your opportunity to learn. Don't let yourself down. Please. We are all proud. You are here, where so many young guys and girls want to be and you deserve it." I have my arms crossed before my chest walking up and down while my little speech sometimes pointing at him to make my statement even clearer. He just sits there and waits for me to finish."You cried", is all he says. My eyes widen at his words and a little chuckle disappears on his face. He opens up his arms ready for a hug "Don't worry the other probably didn't noticed. Come here" His armes wrap around me and my muscles relax. "Thank you for that. I needed it" he mumbles and I start rubbing his back. I kiss his shoulder and lean my head against it. I am tired. Tired of emotions. "You've seen Lando, didn't you" He knows me so well. "Yeah" "Have you talked to him?" I pull out of the hug looking at him in disbelief "Mate I can't even watch him get his trophy without crying, how should I talk to him" He rolls his eyes:" You are over dramatic Anna. Of course you can! Actually you need to. If not now, then tonight." I throw my head back: "Urgh, nooo Mick. Not tonight. I just want to have fun at the party" I try my puppy eyes, but they don't work. "You will talk to him." "Fine, I need to get ready then", annoyed by him getting his will once again I leave his room without a goodbye. I just storm off. And I imagne this made him smile. The things I do for him, to lift his mood. Even talk to Lando. I deserve the trophy for being the best friend ever. On my way to the exit I type in a familiar number in my phone and press call. "Hello?" I hear from the other end of the line. "Hi Mase, are your busy?", I wave back to Lance, who is crossing my path and gives me a wide smile. "No not at all, what's up?" "I am on my way back to the hotel, there is a party tonight, that I need to get ready for." I check out of the closed area and wish the security a good day. "Ahh lovely. How was the race?" "Disappointimg not gonna lie, but didn't had much hope either so... But it's good to be at the track again. It's exciting. How is training going? Ready for Porto?" a guy swings the car door open for me, when he sees my Haas passport shield. I mouth my hotel name to him and while he is driving off I lean my head against the cold glass of the window listening to Masons words. It is just so easy to talk to him. No drama, just talking.

***

Hey people, I hope you are all well. This was quite a build up chapter for the next one. It's gonna be a massive one, so stay tuned!
Have a lovely day and also don't forget: I am all open for feedback and would really appreciate it!