35. Infinity

Orange is the color of tonight

Orange is the color of tonight. So the only option would be this lovely short dress. Honestly I was quite confused when Daniel found that one in the back of my closet in our home. Just caring about the color he thought it would be alright for whatever he planned us doing on my birthday. Since this is the only dress that fits the occasion, the choice of the outfit was made quickly. This orange dress is just perfect to celebrate the Mclaren drivers.
I am on my phone with Laurie when I hear a firm knock on the door. "Hold on" I interrupt her in the middle of the sentence and rush over to open the door. Daniel stands there wearing orange trouser and a white shirt, whichs buttons are widely open so I could see parts of his bare chest. He looks absolutely stunning and this glow on his face suits him so well. "Hello there pretty lady" he whistles as his eyes fly over the dress. I chuckle and pull him inside. "I am just on the phone with Laurie, would you fancy to say hi?" "Sure, hey there Laurie. You good?" he winks in the camera and I leave them two alone. The fact that these two having a chat right now covers up that I am not ready to leave yet. In the bathroom I put up my hair in a bun and loose up a few strings of it to frame my face. With a few rings on my fingers and a necklace in my hand I return to the living room. Daniel looks over in a silent beg for help. Laurie could talk a lot without hardly any breathing. I am sure Daniel just witnessed exactly that and I grin in realization. "What's the time?" I ask him with giving him the opportunity to actually finish the phonecall. He checks his phone "We should go" I nod. "Alright Laurie, we are rolling. I will speak to you tomorrow." Daniel waves her a goodbye before I end the call. I put my phone in the bag on the counter. "Ready?" he reaches out his arm so I could hook in. "Would you mind helping me with the necklace first?" I hand him over the one and only necklace I always wear and just take off for showers. It's the same that always hangs around my sisters neck and another replica lays in the coffin of my mother. The little golden rose is mostly hidden in my jumpers or shirts but with this dress it is very present on my chest. Daniel takes it out of my hands carefully and I turn around so it would be easier for him. I feel the heat of his body behind me while he tries to close the necklace. When he finally succeeded he again held his arm out. "Shall we?" "We shall" my arm hooks into his and we make our way to the party.

The music is pounding in my ears when I walk out the tent to get some fresh air. Gosh these people could celebrate. But all this long time waiting for it make this night even more special. My head feels a little dizzy after all these shots with Dani. I smile looking out to the lovely night with millions of stars in the sky. A person stands at the railing looking out in the peaceful night, enjoying the view. I don't need to take a close look to know it's Lando. I recognize him by his figure and his way of leaning against that railing. Noone else does it like him. I haven't seen him all evening, at some point I thought he made the decision to just not come. "It feels very familiar doesn't it?" I step closer to him. He doesn't even flinch or move in an kind. His arms lay on the railing while he looks over the city of Monza. "First in Abu Dhabi, then Monaco and now Monza. I think these balcony are our thing." I say while smirking softly. I take another careful step closer to him. "We do" he whispers turning around to face me. His curls are styled back. And he looks just so good. This grin on his face makes my heart jump. He has his arms crossed in front of his chest with a little light throwing shadows over his face. "Have you seen what Mason posted?" My heart sinks at his question. Where is this going? But obviously I did saw what went down on social Media after the race. "I did. And I also saw your response."