50. Future Pitchblack

"No Lando is just back from Abu Dhabi. I am actually on my way to see him." the air around me is freezing. England doesn't disappoint when it comes to a cold winter. Especially after I enjoyed the last weeks in the heat and sun, this was a not very amusing surprise. But it was good to be home. Weird, but good. Haven't been here since the passing of Liv, which awakens bad memories. For the amount I been away I haven't visited my mother's grave. Shame on me. I layed down a bunch of flowers as well as rekindled a few candles for her this morning just the day after signing my new contract. Lando still doesn't know I've been coming here early for the job interview. The result gives me still butterflies. It will be amazing spending so much more time together.  Even if I have to finish my studies next summer I will have the time of my life. It will be surely exhausting, but is there anything I would rather do then traveling the world with my brother, a bunch of my best friends and the men I love and adore from the deepest of my heart? I don't believe so. This truly showed me that after a painful and dark chapter with the right persons around I can enter a bright future with more hope and a future I really look forward to.
With my scarf wrapped around me I walk down the road towards Landos house for the first time ever. After deciding I would rather stay at the Schumacher farm in America we never got the chance again to come here. And I didn't even wanted to. Having the chance to see so much stuff abroad but still be able to support the people around has been truly amazing. Never ever would I thought of the idea of mine with just filming myself, my friends or my traveling would hit rock bottom in the fanbase. I pokered on it surely, but in the end I was really really lucky. I benefited from it in every way possible and my own fanbase grew and grew. Even at the airport where you collect your bags I got recognized. The wildest months lays behind me and I can't wait for the future.
"Will you tell him?" "Yeah I will. I hope he is as excited as I am."I grin even if Sue on the other end can't see my face. It will be great for us to spend so much time together in different countries just like the last past months. Maybe he would someday ask me to be his girlfriend, but right now I am happy as it is. Our relationship was so damaged at one point and we worked so hard together on it that we are at that point I am personally ready to make the next step. In my mind I secretly hope Max is not at the house tonight. I missed Lando so much even if it has barley been a week since we last seen each other but it made some things in my head very clear and I want to show him that. Nobody knows what happens when we close each other back in the arms, I probably can't hold the urge of him touching me any longer. It's been years and I think we are ready.
"He will be over the moon Anna", I hear the smile on my best friends face, even from the other side of the phone. It's weird how we seen each other for nearly three months now only over FaceTime. The last time was when we had the poolparty together with Charlotte after my birthday. It really has been half an eternaty. We grew closer and closer ever since and with her helping me building my reputation and playing a huge role in me getting the job I will start soon, she has been my personal support system outside of this crazy motorsport world. "Love you Babe. I am at his now, will call you shortly." "Bye bitch" "Bye" I hang up on her chuckling. She will never change. It is kinda our thing now and she even does it when others are around. One time when I was with Mick and Esteban on our way to a restaurant my phone was connected to the car for some music and Sue called. I accidentally excepted but quickly explained her why we couldn't speak. She said at the end 'Byeee Bitches' and when I looked at Micks face I nearly wet myself. Him as a person who hates swearing but being called a bitch, for fun of course, caught him very much of guard. Such a great memory.
My nearly frozen finger, from holding the phone to my ear the whole time, presses down the button of the doorbell of this gorgeous white house. The winter is definitely present in the country. Since I am back for a couple of days before heading down to Bristol to celebrate Christmas with the Norris family, I thought of catching up with Mason. Since its my first time back in London and I promised to visit him and come to one of his games as friends, I will definitely try to keep that promise. I will text him as soon as I am inside and my hands are no longer ice cold. A lovely breeze of warm air welcomes softly my face when the front door swings open.