Silence

A/N

Imagine is from: jordsie on tumblr

Warnings: None, FLUFF A LOT OF IT

"Morning House Mouse," Bellamy called as he walked past you and into the dropship, "still not talking I see?"

You rolled your eyes fondly at the older man and went back to work cataloguing all of Clarke's medical supplies.

"She talks, Bellamy." Clarke reminded, "She just doesn't talk to you."

"Or Mbege, or Atom or Finn or literally anyone who isn't you." Bellamy corrected without any real malice.

Things were quiet and peaceful at camp for once, and neither of your leaders were particularly keen on ruining that with more pointless squabbling. Bellamy took his usual seat, lounging on the makeshift couch next to the door, and began giving Clarke his report on the repairs of the wall, namely that progress was slow but it wasn't a complete waste.

You tuned this conversation out and went back to cataloguing, humming to yourself absentmindedly as you worked. Soon enough, the sound of someone approaching broke you out of your reverie and a familiar face made its way into the dropship.

"Morning Oh Fearless Leaders," John Murphy crooned, giving you a sideways smile as he did, "morning Y/N, you're looking lovely today."

You blushed and shook your head, "Morning Murphy, still being a complete menace?"

Bellamy choked on his water as sat up, his eyes wide and disbelieving. Seemingly at a loss for words, he pointed between you and Murphy, his eyes watering from the choking.

"You spoke!" he eventually exclaimed, "You spoke! She spoke-did you he-she spoke!" he turned to Murphy, "You made her speak."

Murphy shrugged and gave you an exaggerated wink. You giggled and went back to your work mumbling 'menace' under your breath as you did.

"I told you," Clarke smiled, "she does talk, just not to you."

Bellamy made an indignant noise and began to argue with Clarke. You tuned this out as well, too used to this kind of good natured debate to be really worried. Murphy leant his elbows on the counter you were working on and watched for a while. This also wasn't unusual, but you'd never quite gotten used to looking up and having him so close, it was exhilarating and nerve-wracking all at once.

"You'd think that by now they would've just given up and had sex, huh?" he commented casually, gesturing to Bellamy and Clarke with his head.

You made the mistake of looking up and regretted it as soon as his ice-blue eyes met yours and your face flushed bright red again.

Embarrassed, you looked back down and shrugged, "I thought Clarke and Finn were a thing."

"Oh, they are." Murphy continued, effortlessly cool and collected, as usual, "but some things are just inevitable. Finn's too...goody goody for Clarke. She'll eventually get bored of him and then, voila, the Bellarke moment we've all been waiting for."

You snorted and looked up again, "Bellarke?"

"Yeah, Bellarke," Murphy explained, leaning closer, "Bellamy and Clarke, Bellarke. Come on, that's pretty clever, right?"

You weighed the options in your mind before giving John a bright smile to signify that you agreed.

"Knew you'd see things my way." He said, obviously pleased, "Listen, come find me later yeah? I feel like you and I haven't spent much time together recently." He looked down and, for the first time, looked nervous, scratching the table with his nails to avoid making eye-contact, "I miss you."