Star girl

A/N

Imagine is from: Belovaswidow on tumblr

Warnings: none, just Murphy being a douchebag (S.M.P.A.T.C.A.W.M.H.A.M.F.Y.F.Y.P.D. ALSO    S.W.A.G ;)) for a hot minute

ii: This one is kinda long but it's very cute

A sudden gust of wind blew a piece of hot ember from the camp's fire pit to the soft grass beneath Murphy's feet. He sat on a splintered log, staring into the flames that sat in front of him, not noticing that Y/N, another one of the 1OO kids sent to the ground, was laying in the dirt on the opposite side of the fire.

Y/N had noticed a while ago that Murphy had slumped onto the log across from her, but decided not to say anything in hopes not to disrupt him or to disrupt her nightly routine of stargazing. Her hair was scattered over the log she was resting her head on and her eyes were lazily gazing at the constellations above. It was calmly quiet out. The sounds of Earth filled the silence around her and Murphy as the rest of the camp slept on the soft grounds of their new home. She glanced at Murphy who was staring into the fire with a hint of sadness and exhaustion in his eyes.

Y/N inhaled a deep breath and relished the burn of the smoke in her throat. She had never felt so alive, but also never as scared as she did right now. A new planet. A new life. A new beginning.

Apparently Y/N's loud sigh had alerted Murphy of her presence. The boy jumped up from the log and fumbled for some sort of weapon in his pocket. He whipped out a rusted screwdriver and pointed it in her direction with a near steady hand. She sat up and put her hands up in surrender.

"Hey! Hey! It's me!," She exclaimed. "It's me. Y/N."

Murphy sighed with relief and annoyance and loosened his grip on his weapon. "How long have you been sitting there? Who the hell just sneaks up on people like that?" (SMH I was there FIRST)

Y/N put her hands down and looked at him apologetically. She hadn't meant to scare him, she just wanted to be alone for a bit and it wasn't like he was disturbing her. "Sorry. I didn't mean to freak you out. I was just looking at the stars."

A content look replaced the worried expression on her face as her eyes returned to the sky. Murphy sat back down and scoffed dramatically to prove his irritation with her. She looked back to him and furrowed her brow. He had a far away look in his eye while he stuffed the screwdriver back in his tattered jacket's pocket.

"Are you alright?," Y/N asked. "You're up awfully late."

Before she could say anything else, Murphy cleared his throat and the sad look in his eyes dissipated as quickly as it had arrived. He didn't need her asking personal questions like that "Why are you up so late? Don't you need to rest up before another long day of kissing Clarke's ass?"

Y/N didn't know why it had affected her, but she felt a pant of hurt in her chest. The insult had come so suddenly she was in shock. She was really sick of Murphy's friends being awful to Wells and Clarke. She agreed with Clarke's ideas and suddenly she was a target. Maybe Y/N had thought that since it was just Murphy and her he would be a little more kind. Her eyes betrayed her and she new that she looked hurt.

Murphy's expression softened and he looked as if he was almost going to apologize for being so unnecessarily cruel to her, but this time it was Y/N's turn to cut him off.

"Don't you have to get ready for a long day of being Bellamy's bitch?," She shot back. His eyes narrowed and she slapped her hand over her mouth. That was not like her at all and she regretted it immediately.