/| Starship UK |\

Vanadey sat near the console, watching as Amy floated in space with the Doctor holding her ankle. He had done the same to her, just to prove that this was it. They were in a Time machine and they were in space.

The Doctor pulled Amy back inside.

"Come on, Pond." The Doctor said to Amy, bringing her back into the TARDIS. The Doctor looked to Vanadey and smiled. You could almost say that the smile was a loving smile. "Now do you believe me?"

"Okay, your box is a spaceship. It's really, really a spaceship. We are in space! What are we breathing?" Amy spoke quickly, excitedly and in awe.

"I've extended the air shell. We're fine." The Doctor motioned for Vanadey to go up to the pair, so she did. The Doctor wrapped his arm around her waist to keep her steady. "Now that's interesting. Twenty ninth century. Solar flares roast the earth, and the entire human race packs its bags and moves out till the weather improves. Whole nations." Vanadey looked at what the Doctor had seen and saw a ship. It was a metal ship with tons of buildings inside it. She ran to the Doctor, who had run to the console, and watched what he was watching.

"Doctor?"

"Migrating to the stars." The Doctor said in amusement.

"Doctor?"

"Isn't that amazing?" He asked Vanadey, who smiled and nodded.

"Doctor!" The Doctor looked over and didn't see Amy, but he saw the doors were open. He pulled her back inside and shut the doors.

"Well, come on. I've found us a spaceship. This is the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland. All of it, bolted together and floating in the sky. Starship UK. It's Britain, but metal. That's not just a ship, that's an idea. That's a whole country, living and laughing and shopping. Searching the stars for a new home."

"Can we got out and see?" Amy asked as they came to the screen Vanadey was watching.

"Of course we can. But first, there's a thing." Amy looked at him confused.

"A thing?"

"An important thing. In fact, Thing One. We are observers only." He held up a magnifying glass to Amy. He had already told Vanadey these rules on their two year travel, which was literally like a five minute hop for them. "That's the one rule I've always stuck to in all my travels. I never get involved in the affairs of other peoples or planets." Vanadey gasped as he saw a child cry on the screen. She looked broken. "Oo, that's interesting."

"So we're like a wildlife documentary, yeah? Because if they see a wounded little cub or something, they can't just save it, they've got to keep filming and let it die. It's got to be hard. I don't think I could do that. Don't you find that hard, being all, like, detached and cold?" By the time Amy finished speaking, they looked and saw that the Doctor was with the child on the screen.

"Doctor!" Vanadey giggled and ran out the TARDIS and towards the Doctor.

"I'm in the future. Like hundreds of years in the future. I've been dead for centuries." Amy breathed out, amazed by the concept of time they experienced. Vanadey didn't giggle to Amy's words, she just grasped the Doctor's hand and stayed with him.

"Oh, lovely. You're a cheery one. Never mind dead, look at this place. Isn't it wrong?" The Doctor asked and Vanadey frowned.

"It's wrong?"

"Come on, use your eyes. Notice everything. What's wrong with this picture?" Vanadey realised the ship didn't have something.

"It doesn't have something. What doesn't it have?" Vanadey questioned, mostly to herself but the Doctor heard and smiled. He knew she caught on quickly but he was surprised she even realised it didn't have something. The question was, what didn't it have?