/| Two Worlds |\

Gasping and standing to their feet, the goup almost shuddered.

"Oh, this is bad." The Doctor winced upon hearing the familiar voice, but he almost lurched forwards as his balanced became unsteady. Glancing at Vanadey, he smiled slightly. She was awake, too. "This is very, very bad." The Doctor sat in the seat Mrs. Poggit had once sat in, and watched as the Dream Lord waltzed into the room.  "Look at this x-ray." The Dream Lord held up a sheet and squinted his eyes. Vanadey glanced at the Doctor, who had slowly sat himself down in Mrs. Poggit's old chair. "Your brain is completely see-through."

"You son-of-a-" Amy gripped Vanadey's arm and she huffed out a deep breath.

"But then, i've always been able to see through you, Doctor." Vanadey felt herself glower at the short man.

"Man's got a receeding hairline." Vanadey muttered to Amy, who snickered.

"Always?" Amy questioned after realising what the man said. "What do you mean, always?"

"Now then. The prognosis is this." Everyone listened intently. "If you die in the dream, you wake up in reality." Vanadey nodded, mumbling a 'that's a given' under her breath. "Healthy recovery in next to no time. Ask me what happens if you die in reality?"

"What happens?" Rory asked stupidly and the Dream Lord looked at the nurse in astonishment.

"You die stupid. That's why it's called reality."

"Have you met the Doctor before?" Amy questioned further, not letting the subject go. "Do you know him? Doctor," she said, turning to the other Time Lord. "-does he?"

"Now...don't get jealous." The Dream Lord said with a small smile. He sent a grin to Vanadey, who rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "He's been around, our boy." The man then turned to Amy. "Never mind that, you've got a word to choose." Finally, the Dream Lord faced the Doctor with a quirked brow and a sinister grin. "One reality was always too much for you, Doctor. Take two and call me in the morning." And like that, the Dream Lord wasn't in sight.

"Okay." Rory said loud and clear. "I don't like him."

"Who is he?" Amy asked, crossing her arms just above her baby bump. She tried to look intimidating, but Amy could not intimidate the Doctor.

"I don't know." Is what he replied with, not fully meeting her eyes. "It's a big universe."

"Why is he doing this?"

"Maybe because he had no physical form." The Doctor suggested, which did sound plausible in all honesty. Vanadey took one look at her beloved Doctor and she knew from there, that he was not entirely positive on the answer he was giving. He knew something, or at least, he was beginning to figure something out. Something he didn't want the others to know just yet. "That gets you down after a while, so, he's taking it out on folk like us who can touch and eat and feel." Standing to his feet, the Doctor took the uncompleted knitted sweater off, and Vanadey smiled a little. He looked less depressed now.

"What does he mean, deadly danger?" Rory questioned, looking between the other three people that were his company and possibly, only friends. "Nothing deadly has ever happened here."

"Perhaps it has, you're just oblivious to it." Vanadey told Rory softly, memories of the day the Doctor came back flashing her mind. That was a bad day.

"I mean, a bit of natural wastage, obviously-"

"They've all gone." The Doctor sounded confused, as though he only just realised the old people were no longer inside the care home. Vanadey, however, shot him a look. Her red curls bounced over her shoulder by how quick she had turned her head to look at him.