/| A Place I Shouldn't Be |\

Walking on the dusty sand that looked red, Vanadey slowly came to a stop. She took in the atmosphere, the dry ground, the dome with golden buildings. There were no animals by her, nore were they any greenery or even dead bushes. Just, mounds of red soil.  She recognised this place...

"It can't be..." She whispered, slowly walking forwards. But it was. Vanadey knew it, and when she did, she began walking slowly once more. But excitement filled her bones and she couldn't help herself. Soon, Vanadey was no longer walking. There was no breeze, but as she ran towards the dome, her hair whipped side to side.

The atmosphere felt warm, which would explain the dry-ness of the earth, but she didn't think much of it. She just kept running. The red soil covered the flats of her converse shoes, but Vanadey didn't mind. She kept running.

A sense of longing filled her whilst she ran towards the dome. It seemed to come closer, but she couldn't tell. It must've been far from where she was. But, now matter how puffed out Vanadey was getting, she kept running.

She ran for a few minutes, each feeling like an hour, until she was a second or two from hitting the dome when-

~

"Is that what happened to Mo?" Tony asked, motioning to the hole. However, as selfish as it was, the Doctor didn't give a damn about this man named 'Mo'. "Are they dead?" The Doctor's breathing hitched, the slightly...un-imaginable thought occuring to him. But he could only shake his head and pray to the heavens that Amy and Vanadey weren't dead.

"It's not quicksand." The Doctor said as he paced, staring at the hole that Amy disappeared down. He then switched his gaze to the one Vanadey was dragged down and he sighed. He was going to get them back. He had to. "They didn't just sink - something pulled them in...it wanted them."

"The ground wanted them?" Nasreen asked as though it was the most bizarre thing she could ever hear. Although, she had watched someone get dragged through a hole in the ground...how impossible would it to believe the ground wanted them? Not very.

"You said the ground was dormant, just a patch of earth, when you first saw it this morning." The Doctor accused, walking up to Nasreen with a cold, stony look in his eyes. The woman did feel a little intimidated by it, she had to admit. "And the drill had been stopped."

"That's right." Tony said, as though the Doctor needed clarification. However, the Time Lord was simply stating the facts that were laid out in front of him.

"But when you re-started the drill, the ground fought back."

"So what, the ground wants to stop us drilling?!" Nasreen asked incredulously, and the Doctor sent her a pointed look. Could she not tell the Doctor wasn't happy with her? "Doctor, that is ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous, is that Ada and Amy aren't here!" He spat before crouching and sonicing the hole Amy disappeared down once more. He then sighed and brought his screwdriver up to his face after the ground had rumbled. "I'm not saying that, and it's not ridiculous, i just don't think it's right." He then pressed the sonic screwdriver to his head. "Oh! Of course! It's bio-programming!"

"What?!" Nasreen shrieked a little, not believing a word the Doctor said.

"Bio-programming!" He repeated, standing tall and sighing. as he clapped his hands. "Oh, clever!" He then turned to Nasreen and Tony. "You use bio-signals to resonate the internal molecular structure of natural objects!" The Doctor began pacing a little as he spoke about what bio-programming was. "It's mainly used in engineering and construction, mostly jungle planets, but that's way in the future, and not here. What's it doing here?"