/| You Must Choose, Ada |\

quick a/n: a longer chapter :)
Also, pls do comment more. I know i'm not that active but i do love reading what people feel like towards this book, the characters, the events etc, yk? xx

Vanadey was sat there, her boyfriend's head in her lap whilst she softly ran her hand through his soft, moppy hair. She smiled sadly, hoping he'd wake soon. The constant banging from the Eknodines on the opposite side of the door was a constant reminder that her time was limited and soon, they'd have to figure out which was the dream world.

Humming the tune of Kate Bush's "Running up That Hill", Vanadey tried to think of the positives to the situation they were in. But she couldn't really come up with any bar that she was here, with her Time Lord, awaiting the death that could be coming along.

"Ada?" A gentle, gruggy voice came from her lap and Vanadey looked down at the Doctor.

"Hello, Doctor." She softly greeted, and the man slowly sat up, looking at her.

"How long was i out?"

"A few minutes." Vanadey shrugged, and the Doctor nodded. He then moved towards the door, now stood, and pressed his ear against the metal.  The screeching of the Eknodines greeted him and he bit his lip, taking out his sonic screwdriver. "Ada, i want you to decide."

"Decide what?" She questioned, a little panicked at the request the Doctor had made for her. She stood quickly, her fingers twitching as her nerves began to get the best of her.

"Which world we die in."

"I-" Vanadey cut herself off, staring and blinking a little at the door. Which world would she choose? One where they'd freeze to death? Or the one where they'd get gassed by old people? An impossible decision...an impossible situation...for an impossible being...but in the wise words of Alice, nothing is impossible. However, a thought dawned upon Vanadey, making her eyes widen as she took in just the impossibleness of the worlds they had to choose between.

"Ada?" The Doctor questioned, helping the girl stand. The redheaded Time Lord stared at him, a small smile gracing her features as the thoughts become more clear.

"What about both?" She whispered, and the Doctor frowned. It was a possibilty that Vanadey was speaking some sense, but he didn't want to entirely believe she was. So, he bit his lip and shrugged. "But-" the Doctor silently hushed her whilst he brought his sonic screwdriver up to the door, and took in a slightly sharp inhale.

"Okay, where is it?" He pressed a button - or something - and the screwdriver beeped. "Get ready to run, Love. Fast." Vanadey sent him a simple nod, showing she understood what the man was wanting her to do.

The Doctor opened the door and, as quick as he could, pointed his sonic screwdriver at the lights and momentarily blinded the old people. He and Vanadey then pushed passed them before the oldies could gas them. They ran as quick as they could, the adrenaline pushing them to go faster. A soft chuckle escaped from Vanadey's mouth as she gasped with relief.

"Oh, God!" She chuckled again, putting her hands on her knees. "Old people have never been so terrifying!"

"Oh, help, somebody!" A man screamed from inside a van. Vanadey perked her head up, her hand suddenly getting grabbed and fingers getting interlocked with her own. She looked at the Doctor momentarily before he yanked her gently and began running towards the old man that was attacking this lad in the van.

"You couldn't live near the shops, could you?" The Doctor grabbed the old man, who swung around. The Doctor ducked, but Vanadey didn't. Her head snapped to the side and a crack came from her nose.