/| Counting |\

"There's something in her eye." Angel Bob replied and the Doctor looked straight at Vanadey. The girl frowned and looked at him, worrying.

"I shouldn't have looked at its eyes." She muttered, but he heard.

"What's in her eye?" The Doctor asked, knowing this was not helping Vanadey and the memories he knew she was getting from the statues. What memories? He didn't know. Yet.

"We are." Vanadey gasped and took a stumbled step back. She knew it. She knew there was something wrong with her and know she knew it was the Angels. This reminded her a lot of when she was eight years old.

"What's...What does he mean? Doctor, tell me, what does he mean?" She asked. Even though Vanadey knew and understood exactly what the dead Cleric had said, she was hoping the Doctor would bring her slight comfort.

The Doctor came up to Vanadey and stared at her. She stared back with a quivering bottom lip. She wasn't good with statues.

"Doctor. I don't think i'm five." She frowned and looked away, knowing her slip up. "I mean...five..." Vanadey trailed off. She frowned more and stepped away from the Doctor, closing her eyes momentarily. "I'm five....FINE! I am fine, now." She exclaimed loudly, fustrated. She just wanted the thing inside her head gone.

"You're counting, dear." River told her, and she shook her head.

"I'm...counting? What am i...ten and trying to remember the twelve times tables?"

"You're counting down, Ada. From ten." Vanadey's attention went straight to the Doctor. Not because of what he told her...but because of what he called her. No one had ever called her Ada before, but it seemed so fitting to be a nickname for her. Especially if it came from him. "You have been for a few minutes."

"Why...no...don't answer."

"I don't know." The Doctor did anyway. He raised his hand slightly and took a hold of Vanadey's, giving it a squeeze. "We'll sort it out, though, okay? We'll make you better."

"Well...what is she counting down to?" Amy asked as she stood near her younger sister, almost protectively.

"I don't know." The Doctor answered slowly, not looking away from those doe eyes with little gold flecks in them.

"We shall take her. We shall take all of you." The Doctor's anger flared ever so slightly, and he turned his head to the side, only by a little. "We shall have dominion over all the time and space." The Doctor moved away from Vanadey and sat back in the white, comfy chair.

"Get a life, Bob." The Doctor sneered. "Oops, sorry again." Although, he didn't sound too apologetic. "There's power on this ship, but nowhere near that much."

"With respect, sir, there is more power on this ship than you yet understand." All of a sudden, the sound of screeching cats or perhaps bats flowed through the room everyone flinched a little at the unexpected noise.

"Dear God, what is it?" River asked, grimacing from the sound.

"They're back." Father Octavian pointed out, and the whole group realised it was the Angels. But it sounded like they were getting strangled.

"It's hard to put it in your terms, Dr Song, but as best i understand it, the Angels are laughing."

"To hell they are. Have you heard them? They sound like a bunch of strangled cats." Vanadey spat, her patience was now outweighing her fear. She had grown accustomed to the fear that was constantly bubbling inside her, that now it just made her impatient.

"Laughing?" The Doctor questioned, sending - yet another - quick glance to Vanadey.

"Because you haven't noticed yet, sir. The Doctor in the Tardis hasn't noticed."