/| Army of Stone |\

A/N : Longer chapter, sorry. I was nearer the end by the time my 3000 words came, so i decided to write the rest of the episode in.

"Do we have a gravity globe?" Was the first thing Vanadey heard after climbing down a ladder. They were now inside those dark catacombs...the maze of the dead. Vanadey scratched her eye a little, the feeling of something inside it not leaving her.

You know when you get a bit of dirt or an eyelash in your eye? It felt like that, but it was constant.

"Grav globe." Father Octavian said, and a moment later, a cleric had handed the Doctor a globe.

"Where are we?" Amy asked, and Vanadey frowned.

"And...what is this place?" Vanadey hesitantly asked, looking around constantly. She felt like she was being watched. "Doctor." She whimpered quietly, edging closer to the older Time Lord.

"It's an Aplan Mortarium, sometimes called a Maze of the Dead." River spoke, answering the two Pond's' questions.

"What's that?" Amy asked, not as freaked as Vanadey was.

"Well, if you happen to be a creature of living stone-" the Doctor cut himself off as he kicked the globe he was given into the air, making it illuminate an array of mausoleums and some statuary's. Vanadey frowned and gripped the Doctor's hand tightly. He glanced at her and saw how scared she was, so he kept her close to him. "-the perfect hiding place." He finished.

"I guess this makes it a bit trickier." Father Octavian said, glancing at all the statues.

"A bit, yeah." The Doctor replied.

"A stone Angel on the loose amongst stone statues. A lot harder than i'd prayed for." Father Octavian sighed a little. Vanadey was creeped out by these statues. Something tells her that this was not as it should be. Something was wrong with them. What? She couldn't tell.

"A needle in a haystack." River said, and the Doctor smirked.

"A needle that looks like hay. A hay-like needle of death. A hay-like needle of death in a haystack of...er...statues." Vanadey giggled at the Doctor's silliness, making the man smile at her. He had made her mood a little better. When he looked at River, his smile dropped and he frowned a little. "No, yours was fine."

"Right." Father Octavian said, hoping to get passed that topic. "Check every single statue in this chamber. You know what you're looking for. Complete visual inspection." Then, the Bishop turned to the Doctor and Vanadey. "One question. How do we fight it?"

"We find it, and hope." Was the Doctor's reply. The group began walking again, the Doctor and Vanadey practically attatched at the hip.

~

The group began to walk up this slope, but Vanadey had to stop. She let the Doctor carry on, he seemed too fascinated in the surroundings to notice, anyway. Amy over-took her, sending her sister a worried look, however, Vanadey told her she was fine, just needed a moment.

As the itchy feeling in her eye became worse, she decided to give in and rub it. When Vanadey pulled her hand away, however, she saw dust falling in between her fingers. She gasped quietly, almost inaudibly. Her hands began shaking and she began to panic.

She didn't know what was happening to her.

"You alright?" River asked her softly, and Vanadey jumped, turning and facing the blonde woman.

"Oh, uh...yeah. All good." Vanadey sent a - surprisingly - convincing smile to River and began walking again. Amy then dropped back to stand with the two.