Spying

Chapter eighteen

Cleo past the expensive car she had been given the location of, she rolled her eyes seeing Charlie pulled up to the side looking clueless. Why he hadn't turned around and returned to the magically nauseating Asterin was a mystery to her.

She parked a safe distance away without stirring attention to herself and approached the sitting duck. He was too distracted with his navigation system to notice Cleo stood at his passenger side window. Cleo groaned and fiddled with the handle resulting in the door popping open. Charlie jumped out his skin when he realised there was intruder in his car. However, when he met Cleo's eyes he calmed down.

"What the hell!" he exclaimed still with an alarming high pulse.

"You should really lock your doors, you never know who's around." Cleo said completely ignoring his panic.

"It was locked!" He argued looking flustered.

Cleo's eyebrows raised in surprised. "Huh, well I guess some skills never die." She had always had light fingers, breaking into things had become a habit. Charlie's old model was easy work. "You should probably get it changed." His stressed face was soon fizzling to calm.

"What are you doing in my car?" Charlie questioned.

Cleo laughed. "What are you doing in my city?" She countered.

"You can't answer a question with a question."

Cleo smirked finding this rather amusing. "On the contrary yes I can. Seeing as you were the one following me."

Charlie suddenly became very sheepish. His focus turned to the open road he parked beside. "I just wanted to know you were okay."

"No you weren't. You were spying. But in fairness I would probably do the same." Cleo saw his inquisitive side, she could hardly blame him, she's a mysterious girl who has a certain charm to her. "While you're here you may as well see something." She reached for the car door handle and wrapped her dainty hands around it. "Just try to keep up this time." She smirked and left the boy mind blown at her boldness.

Cleo had so many layers to her and although her Arcane world is a secret she's smart enough to keep him far away from knowing the whole truth.

Charlie did in fact keep up with the speed devil. Cleo was guilty of putting her foot down on the straight roads and taking the corners with the same technique as racing, making Charlie constantly chase her.

"Wasn't so hard now was it?" Cleo grinned getting out her car in front of Charlie who looked rather annoyed. She knew he struggled but good things don't come easy. He narrowed his eyes while shaking his head, he slammed his door abruptly making his feelings clear.

Cleo laughed all the way through the base at his complaining. She swiped her hand next to the door and pushed it open. Heads turned to see what Cleo had gone to retrieve during their spontaneous meeting.

"Who's the stray away?" Kai questioned straight away, looking Charlie up and down unimpressed.

"Charlie. What you doing this side? Zeus asked offering his hand. Charlie gladly took it, he had been proven wrong by Zeus. At their initial meeting he believed him to be not only Cleo's boyfriend but extremely intimidating, and although he may not be her boyfriend he certainly remained intimidating but Zeus had proved himself to be a friendly guy.

"He followed me, but can you blame him? I'm perfect stalker material." Cleo joked while walking furthering into the room.

"Yeah well, we're kinda busy. So why don't you take your boyfriend home." Kai bit with his usual unpleasant manner.