They know

Chapter sixty six

"I'M SORRY WHAT?" Lola shouted in the hospital corridor. Cleo had told her about her intense night she shared with Kai. "You and Kai? Kai, as in Malakai West?" She questioned, nearly dropping the drink she just bought from the vending machine. Between the group the vending machine was becoming low on stock.

Cleo daggered her best friend, her voice was loud enough that you'd hear it miles away. "Quiet, before every patient hears you." Cleo urged. She had suspected Lola to react like this. Lola had been making comments about the two Arcane teens for a while. "I have something more important." She said, dragging Lola by her arm to the row of chairs.

"Nothing is more important than me knowing every single detail of last night."

Cleo rolled her eyes. "We will get there. But, there's something else." Lola cracked her can open with narrowed eyes, Cleo had a certain look in her eye, one that normally means trouble is brewing. "Turns out Kai has been plotting our next move. And I'm talking, every, move. It's actually incredible." Cleo said with a grin, Kai has tricks up his sleeve when he races but even off the street he was smart.

"Please tell me his plans aren't as risky as yours." Lola groans, already feeling the nerves set in. Cleo's face furrowed, which did nothing but make Lola feel worse.

"It's risky, but it's a more developed version of mine. Honestly, I kinda hate that he managed to make our original one better, but he has. Damn Malakai West." Lola giggled, her best friend had been so blinded by their feud to see his good parts. "But, I need to do some digging."

"I can do it. I have my laptop in my car." Lola said.

Cleo thanked her for her offer, but declined. "I really need to do this. I need to feel like I'm doing something. Between April's anniversary and Zeus in here, an investigation will do me some good." Lola nodded, understanding what Cleo needed. Her love of technology is the feeling of satisfaction when you put the pieces of the puzzle together, and if she could help her best friend with something so simple, why wouldn't she?

"I'll give you my laptop and anything else you need. But I'm still in need of information about your spicy night with Malakai West." Lola smirked, taking the conversation to a lighter place.

"Fine." Cleo groaned. "I'll tell you about last night because I feel like you might explode if I don't." Lola clapped her hands and shifted in the plastic chair to get comfortable for the report of the heavenly night. "But, I swear if you repeat any of this, I'll expose all your darkest secrets." Cleo warned, Lola nodded immediately. The two girls have known each other for a life time, meaning exchanged secrets have stacked up over the years.

The two girls sat, gossiping about Cleo and Kai's night of passion. From the chat at the view point, a visit to April, her birthday gift, the kiss in the rain and finally the most intense and pleasurable experience Cleo had ever felt. Lola listened in shock, her connection with Jax is as electric as always but she still felt mesmerised by Cleo's reminiscing.

"I did recognised the morning after steamy sex glow on you." Lola commented. Cleo's mood has lifted significantly since she last saw her.

"Yeah, well it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Kai seemed to like leaving his mark on me, I had to spend half an hour covering love bites, he only found it amusing when I shouted at him." Cleo sighed. Lola burst out in laughter.

"I'm not surprised he wants to claim you, he's probably still worried about Charlie." Lola's theory made total sense, but Cleo was sure in the moment Kai's mind was far from Charlie.

Cleo smirked. "He shouldn't worry, it's not like Charlie got even close to sleeping with me." Lola was left stunned when Cleo stood from her chair. Cleo did it on purpose, Lola's face and rapid footsteps behind her was exactly the reaction she wanted. Not many questions were answered about Charlie, seeing as nobody was very keen on him, nor did Cleo want to answer them. Lola groaned as Cleo opened the door to Zeus's room before she could beg for an explanation.