Her cold heart

Chapter fifty

Cleo proceeded with stealth and speed, the halls were long and almost empty. She stumbled upon to clueless men which received a blade to the heart each, Cleo continued her venture to Kai's last location as the bodies fell. Every step she took she could feel her leg throb, however not even a stab wound could stop her from finishing the job. Pain is nothing compared to the feeling of victory.

"Where are you Malakai?" She whispered to herself. Her body was snatched rapidly from behind. A hand covered her mouth to stop her screaming. Just as Cleo raised her arms to fight she was spun around to face them. "Malakai!" She muttered with gritted teeth. He remained silent and urged her to do the same as he put his index finger on his lips. Cleo's confused face prompted him to give a short quiet explanation.

"Listen." He whispered. Cleo noticed his ear piece dangling from his ear, she did the same to cancel out any static sound from anyone else.

"They're all here, they must be. We're dropping like flies and the dead pool remains the same. " A faint voice around the corner said. He spoke in a manner that was submissive, he was reporting. But to who?

"I don't care who we sacrifice, just get it done!" A strict dominant voice ordered. Cleo had experienced a similar tone with her Father ordering his staff. Hade very rarely scared Cleo but whoever this was made Cleo feel uneasy. One voice disappeared while the other seemed to keep pacing the corridor.

"Cleo. Your leg." Kai said in shock, she was bleeding through her dress and she didn't seem to care about it. Cleo shushed him but he rolled his eyes no longer caring if the man caught him, Kai was confident that he could take him. "How long has it been bleeding?" He asked.

Cleo shrugged her shoulders. "A few minutes. It's nothing, I can sort it out later." She brushed off.

Kai scowled at the eerily clam girl. Kai undid his black tie and took to his knees. He gripped the flowing green dress by the bottom and ripped it, his strength was enough to create one straight slit all the way up to her thigh, exposing her wound. Cleo's heart raced as she watched him tear her dress, something about Kai's sudden action made Cleo feel tense, in a good way. The small space Kai had hid them in felt smaller now his hands were touching her skin. Kai used some of his tie to wipe the fresh red blood slowly dripping from her cut. "I thought you said you didn't miss." He said trying to distract her from the pain he could sense she was feeling.

"Doesn't mean I don't get hurt, a mini me slashed me pretty well apparently." Cleo said as she watched Kai clean her up.

"I take it she's among the dead now."

Cleo shook her head. "I let her go, she was only a kid."

"Very 'unValencia' of you" He said with a smirk.

"I've still got a little warmth in my cold heart." Cleo replied.

"This is going to hurt." Kai warned her and he laced his tie behind her leg preparing to tie it to stop the bleeding. Cleo nodded preparing for the incoming discomfort. Kai crossed both ends of the tie over each other and pulled them creating a knot. Cleo's breathing hitched and her hands found Kai's shoulders, she forgot how the after pain hurt more than the initial injury. Kai tied his tie as tight as he could, and to his joy the bleeding stopped. He let out a relieved sigh and bowed his head down for a second. As he stood Cleo's hands remained on his blazer shoulders, he followed them as she slowly glided them down his arms.

"Your heart isn't cold. you've just been hurt too many time and don't want to show just how warm it is." Kai said sincerely, he hated the way she spoke about herself.

"And what makes you so sure?" Cleo questioned with little space between them.

"Because if you were as cold as you think you are you wouldn't have come to find me when you are injured. You put yourself last every time. That's what makes you a good person Valencia." Kai spoke with passion, and even though Cleo couldn't understand why he was so desperate for her to think more of herself she felt mesmerised by him. Things about Kai she hadn't ever really noticed before, like his big dark eyes that held all kinds of stories, sad ones, happy ones and some that will never be said aloud. For a second, she forgot their rivalry and the torment they had caused each other, she stepped forward making them completely flush against each other. Kai looked down at the wounded girl with lust, she's exactly what he wants but can't have. He had kicked himself after he broke their kiss in the hideout, he stopped their perfect moment for some guy he hated who isn't even her boyfriend. "You're playing a dangerous game Valencia." Kai spoke. Cleo smirked, her signature mischievous smirk, he'd witnessed it countless times.

"Nothing is fun without a little bit of danger." She replied. Kai placed his blood stained hand on her cheek and leaned closer.

"THIS WAY!" a voice shouted causing the two lust driven teens to stop immediately. Cleo and Kai snapped out of their heated bubble once again, it's like every time they're together recently they can't control themselves. Cleo quickly put her ear piece back in, Kai followed finally learning how to do it. She pointed to the left and Kai nodded heading to the right. Just like that a new duo was formed.