Hologram

Chapter twenty two

"At least one of you are on time." Zeus said as Cleo stepped foot into the base. By the very skin of her teeth she arrived a minute before eleven. Cleo narrowed her eyes while processing whom he meant.

"Kai isn't here yet?" She asked, a part of her needed to make sure her brother didn't kill him before he proved himself useful.

"Going by the lack of annoyance, no, he isn't." Zeus replied. Cleo rolled her eyes at her short tempered brother; usually out of the two Valencia siblings he was the better mannered and kind one. It's predicted that when the day comes for their Father to take a step back Cleo will uphold higher power, Zeus has more humanity remaining than his little sister.

Jax laughed at his best friend, he's far from team Kai but his faith in Cleo's judgement hasn't let him down yet.

"Finally." Lola cheered as she gripped Cleo's wrist and tugged her away, Cleo's body jolted dramatically caused by her freakishly strong force. Lola kicked the door panel revealing a pre picked outfit for her. Cleo sighed and walked into the small room.

A couple minutes later Cleo returned to the main room, her black platform boots stirred the attention of her inner circle. "I did so good." Lola self-praised with a smirk while she rested against Jax.

Cleo looked down to her fitted cropped sating top that accentuated her perfectly curved body, the tight black leather trousers matched the colours of her chosen blades.

"There's a reason I keep you around." Cleo joked.

As she pulled her strap on her thigh and arms her phone buzzed. Kai!

Malakai: I'll meet you there.

Cleo sighed at his lame reply to her previously strongly worded 'Where the hell are you Malakai West!!' text.

"I take it he's flaked." Zeus called when he caught his sisters reaction.

She scowled at him. "He's meeting us there for your information."

"Can we put this pending argument on pause, I need to wire us up." Lola interrupted as she held four ear pieces in her hands. Cleo and Zeus nodded following her request.

Lola fixed the boys with their personally moulded ear pieces, it's the most efficient way for them to all communicate on the same wave and be completely hands free.

"What's with the glow?" Lola asked as she begun to adjust Cleo's piece. Cleo had hardly had time to process that only minutes ago her lips were on Charlie's, her best friend managed to notice something was up with her but Cleo couldn't imagine she was 'glowing'

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Cleo smirked.

Lola narrowed her eyes at her. "So it's not about date with prep boy tonight?"

"It wasn't a date. It was a school function." Cleo defended, Lola rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the wire. "The kiss is a different story though." She slid in casually.

"EXCUSE ME! YOU KISSED?" Lola shouted, her excitement made the boys turn their attention to their right handed girls.

"Kissed who?" Zeus asked protectively.

Cleo glared at Lola with what can be describe as a devil stare. "Real smooth." She muttered to the guilty looking blonde. "I kissed Charlie okay, no big deal."

"Uh, yes big deal. I'm going to kill him for touching my little sister." Zeus sternly said.

Cleo laughed at his protective speech. "Chill, I made the move. Besides, we have a mission to complete and we're wasting time."