Sleeping beauty

Chapter sixty three

Even after spending hours with a dozy Zeus, Cleo couldn't completely relax, but she was doing better. Cleo decided it was time for her to take charge and send her parent's home. Hade and Madeline had been in the hospital since Zeus arrived, with next to no sleep. Kai and Cleo basically pushed them out the door. Besides, they wouldn't be completely alone, Lola and Jax came in like rockets when they heard about sleeping beauty returning back to the living. Kai slipped back into the group as if nothing happened, even when he was talking to Jax he caught Cleo's eye every now and then. "You guys don't get any quieter, do you?" A croaky voice asked. The four wide eyed teens turned to look at the newly awake Zeus. Cleo stood in front of his bed, wearing the biggest smile.

"How long have you been awake?" She questioned, knowing even in his state her brother was most likely up to something.

"Long enough to know your Skyline's mine." He chuckled, but he quickly regretted it as his stomach punished him with pain. He grumbled and groaned, never had he ever felt so terrible.

"Guys, let's give them a minute." Lola told the boys, she knew her best friend needed her moment. Cleo gave her a appreciate smile, she truly was a mind reader.

Cleo shook her head with a smile as she turned her attention back to her own personal iron man. "Selective hearing even on your death bed."

Zeus narrowed his eyes, flashing his smirk they had missed dearly. "Who said anything about dying?" He questioned. Cleo couldn't resist the urge any longer. She planted herself on his bed and gave her brother the biggest bear hug of his life. Zeus groaned but his sister's warmth made the pain tolerable. "You better not have read my letter."

Cleo pulled back. She had made an effort to wear a shirt that covered where his chain used to be, it was bad enough her knowing she lost it, let alone him finding out. "No body, no letter, remember?" He nodded his sore head. Those were the rules when they made the deal, they had never come so close to having to read their last words. He didn't know if it was better to read hers or for her to read his. Either way it would cause equal amount of pain. "I'm sorry." Cleo said, she had apologised a million times over just waiting for him to wake up.

"This isn't your fault. But, you know I'd die for you in a heartbeat." Zeus told his sister bringing his hand up to tuck a stray piece of hair clouding her vision behind her ear.

"That's not happening." Cleo sternly said. "You and me. We're in this for life." Zeus smirked and opened his arm out for a hug with his favourite person.

"You look like shit by the way." Zeus said, breaking the one cute sibling moment. Cleo pulled away with narrowed eyes.

"And what the hell do you think you look like? Trust me, it's even worse than normal." She sassed. "But I did learn that glass is a real bitch." She sighed holding her cut hands.

Lola knocked lightly on the wooden door, Cleo knew it wouldn't be long until they would want to see him. "Good to see your breathing again." Jax joked as he returned. Zeus laughed at his friend holding his hand for a handshake. Zeus was still very drowsy; his energy was lowering but he was determined to see everyone.

"Well, I couldn't completely abandon you. Who knows where you'd be without me." Zeus replied, thankfully he still had his humour. Lola wondered over to his bed side and pressed a small kiss on his forehead. "Watch out bro, I'm about to steal your girl." He chuckled, shooting Lola a wink. Lola giggled as she stepped back to Jax's side, playful banter has always been their thing. Another returning visitor entered the room, Zeus's eyes became wider than the entire time he's been awake. "Am I hallucinating or is that Kai West?"