Motive

Chapter sixty eight.

"Finally." Kai moaned, jumping on Cleo's bed in bliss. Cleo smirked, as he snuggled into her warm duvet. Jax kindly lead Kai back to the Valencia home, seeing as Cleo was lost in the world of stalking.

"Missed me?" Cleo teased kai. His sleepy head rose and scowled at her.

"More like I missed a comfy bed." Cleo slapped her hand on his arm, making him groan with a grin. He'd only spent a few nights in Cleo's bed, and most of those they spent plotting. "Should I be concerned that you're stalking your ex?" He questioned, peering around Cleo's laptop.

Cleo sighed. "Charlie wasn't my boyfriend." She defended, growing tired of repeating it. But she lowered the screen a little when a cheeky question came to mind. "Why, you threatened?" She smirked, loving the rise she was receiving from him.

He scoffed. "I don't see him in Cleopatra Valencia's bed." Kai said with a smirk, crawling closer to the teasing girl. She smiled as he hovered over her, their lips only a peck away. "Your mine, Valencia. Get used to it." His words made Cleo's stomach flip, and the firm yet loving kiss they shared shortly after made every thought in her mind vanished. Kai replaced all the bad with his intoxicating way. "Got it?" He asked with lustful eyes as he pulled away.

Cleo smirked, his hand griping the back of her neck while his thumb lingered on her cheek. "Not quite." She replied, her rebelling ways only made Kai's craving for her heighten. He chuckled as he watched Cleo's confidence rise, she loved having power.

"You will." He said darkly, connecting their lips. He stole her laptop and placed it further down on the bed, still tasting Cleo while doing so. Kai's dominate side takes over when Cleo is close, all the feelings and thoughts he'd been suppressing no longer had to be a fantasy. Cleo squealed when Kai's hands held her back and her thigh, laying her flat on the bed.

"You've got some serious moves Malakai." Cleo giggled, staring up at the Arcane boy who wanted nothing more than her.

Kai smirked. "You always did underestimate me." Cleo rolled her eyes, and brought Kai back down by his neck. The two fit perfectly, like they were destined to be together and had finally found each other. The heat rose between them quickly, Cleo's hands tugged at Kai's shirt. He took the hint, and slipped it over his head, giving Cleo the perfect view of his newly tone abs, her training had really benefited the both of them. Kai's smirk never fell as he watched Cleo admire his body, her hands trailed every line and every scar he had exposed. Kai felt lucky that he never had to hide his scars, or lie about them, Cleo was just as wounded as him. Cleo's shirt was next to come off, exposing her battle lines, Kai looked down with love, the scars made Cleo that extra bit more beautiful in his eyes.

Cleo's phone started to buzz. Once, twice, three times. "Ignore it." Kai instructed kissing along Cleo's scars. The sensation of his kiss on her skin was beyond incredible, she knew why he did it, he wanted to replace the pain with pleasure, and he achieved it every time.

"It's only going to keep going." Cleo complained. It could be anything, Zeus could have a problem.

Kai sighed, but sat up, leaving Cleo still underneath him, but free to reach for the annoying device. "Phones really suck sometimes." He complained.

"Isn't that the truth." Cleo agreed, this whole thing started with phones and lists.

To Cleo's relief it wasn't anything about Zeus, but it was Lola.

'CHECK THE LIST!'

Immediately Cleo clicked on the app Lola had set up on everyone's phone. "Fuck." She muttered when she spotted the difference.