Number two

Chapter forty eight

Cleo caught her brothers huge smirk as she walked from the Queen. It's seen as rude to leave before she dismissed her but in Cleo's eyes her status didn't matter, especially since the close relation. Hade watched his daughter strut confidently away turning her back on the royals, she became more like her Mother by the day.

Cleo retreated to Kai who seemed amused by her little performance. "Not keen on royalty?" He asked as she turned on her heels to observe the room.

"You have no idea." She said with a sigh.

Charlie was thriving in his social circle, this has been his entire life so it was expected. However it wasn't Cleo's, the more she was stood with Kai who he saw as his enemy he grew more frustrated. As soon as he got the chance he escape the riveting conversation on stock markets he did.

"How about a dance?" Charlie asked Cleo. Of course he wanted to dance with the most beautiful girl in the room but it also distanced her from Kai and the dreadful intentions he thought Kai had towards Cleo.

"I don't dance Ivy league." Cleo said, shutting his offer down straight away. But when movement from the left side of her peripheral vision caught Zeus and Jax heading towards an exit she reconsidered.

"Three and four on the move." Jax said through the ear piece. The team had labelled the Deadpool targets by numbers. The aim is to track them and watch who follows. Anyone could be after them, especially with a motive as tempting as money, the rich love getting rich.

"Actually, why not." Cleo said with a smile. Kai furrowed his brows at her sudden passion towards dancing. He soon received his answer when she said "Number two." The man in question stood only metres away from the dance floor. Charlie offered his hand to escort her. Cleo took a deep breath and laced them together. A big part of her wished she was attending this gala as a normal couple, except she was hunting people and he was networking with them. Cleo was starting to accept their differences, but she can't seem to forget them entirely. He makes her feel ordinary but she's dragging him into the dark side of life.

"The Queen was oddly impressed with your confidence." Charlie said as he positioned them on the dance floor. The music was smooth and to Cleo's delight not completely dreadful. Couples had ventured to dance just like them making Cleo's target harder to watch but she had faith in Kai's backup.

"'I've grown tired of pretending to be someone I'm not." Cleo replied. Charlie smiled at her honesty, he feared Asterin had made her lose the same fire she had when they first met but if anything it's made her more sure of herself.

"The world would be lost without Cleopatra Valencia." He said sincerely. Charlie held her close and led her across the floor, they moved gracefully with the help of his experience and her quick learning. Cleo's light on her feet because of fighting but never through dance. "Why do I feel like you're here but you aren't?" He asked as he noticed the girl he adores paying him very little attention. Her head was focused on one of the men dressed in a traditional suit, his watch was worth a fortune and he made sure to flash it at any given moment. Apart from being a gloating rich man he's also known as 'Number two' Charlie glanced behind him following her stare. "Malcom Baldwin?" Charlie questioned.

"One hundred thousand on his name." Cleo said.

Charlie nearly stopped in his tracks but Cleo took the lead to cause no unnecessary attention. "His watch is worth more than that, people should really do their research." Cleo said rolling her eyes.

"If he's in danger I need to tell my Dad. He's a business associate." Charlie said sternly.

"That's the worst thing you can do." Cleo replied gripping him tighter, he was becoming a flight risk. "We've got this handled, it's the whole reason we're here."