56 || Fine

[Nova]
I could not have been woken up in a better way. It is caused by the haunting feeling of being observed, but when I blink tiredly a couple times in a row and raise my head a little, I see it is James that scrutinizes me during my sleep.

Somehow, I managed to sleep half over him; my left leg spread across his hips, my left arm hugging his torso tightly, like fearing he would decide to go any minute, and my head rested until a couple seconds ago in the crook of his neck. We both are almost naked; underwear covering us and nothing more. His warm, cybernetic arm is wrapped around my shoulders, hand drawing small circles in the middle of my shoulder blades.

I still cannot get over his beauty. None of us says a word, and we simply lay there, admiring one another. His dark brown hair is tousled, standing into every direction, eyes showing dizziness as a leftover from his sleep, small stubbles around the lower part of his face making him seem older. Hickeys and love bites now and then cover his neck, making their way along his torso and down, letting a tired grin spread over my lips, heat spread through my veins and bones at the memories of last night. His pupils are widened again in affection, and I know I would not only kill everyone in this world for him, but die myself.

»Good morning« he finally whispers, flesh hand caressing me, stroking my hair behind my ear and out of the way. His voice sends pleasant shivers down my spine, makes everything else forgotten.

»I cannot feel pain.«

I blink in shock about my own confession. I do not know where it came from, or how it found its way up my throat out of my mouth, but there it is.

Maybe it is simply because I long for someone, to trust someone deeper than I ever have after Jonas's betrayal, maybe because I want to test James's trust. Whatever it is, I could slap myself for being that open that early in the morning.

James frowns slowly, moving carefully underneath me to find a position both comfortable and offering a better look at me.

»What?« he mouths softly, as if not the content, but the suddenness is concerning him. He blinks a few times in confusion, and I melt at his cuteness. My heart takes spins in my chest, butterflies everywhere in my body.

»I, uh,« I blush a little, breaking the eye contact to look at his chest. Light red scratches are all over it, already very paled. Slowly, I start to draw circles there. »cannot feel pain.«

»You don't feel pain?« he repeats cautiously, as walking on dangerous terrain.

I nod, more blood shooting up in my cheeks. »Except for two cases.«

»Please don't tell me you moan to simply please me when I slap your ass. This would really be affecting my ego.« he responds in a played compassion with himself.

»What? James, no« I chuckle, his obviously biggest concern something so ridiculous. I look back in his eyes, thanking him non-verbally for loosening the graveness of the situation, breaking its ice. »No, don't you worry. These two cases that can hurt me physically« I move up on his body, laying myself along it. Space is enough; he is much taller and broader than I.

My elbows rest right next to his head, only an inch between our lips. I long ago stopped caring for fresh smell in the morning, since James uses to kiss me at my worst anyways, repeatedly. »actually are two people. That is you, and I myself.«

Lowering my head, I do not wait for an answer and simply kiss him gently. His lips respond immediately and sync with mine, no fights for dominance this time, simply us enjoying what each other evokes inside.

»Thank you for telling me.« he finally whispers, eyes darting back and forth over my face. Meanwhile, his hands rest on both sides of my waist. »So, when you fell into the broken glass mirror in Stark's Tower, you felt nothing, but when I spank you, you do?« Interested and curiously, one of his eyebrows move upwards.