chapter 36

Y/n's POV
We're here in front of my house, sitting in the passenger seat of Lauren's car. Lauren is with me, it's Sunday and I have school tomorrow I need to fix this with my parents.

Lauren grabs my hand snapping me out of staring at my house. I look at her, she smiles genuinely at me causing me to smile back.

"It'll be fine." She said reassuringly. I look away hesitantly.

"You're not sure about that." I said. She shakes her head and grabs my chin for me to look at her.

"Just tell them everything, the truth. If they trust you enough and love you, they'll believe you." She says. I nod my head and whisper a small 'thank you' to her. "And hey, I'm not that old, not too bad." She jokes. I laugh and shake my head.

"Yeah, not too bad." I said. She slaps my shoulder slightly giggling.

"Whatever." She said. "You ready?" She ask. I glance at our door and sigh. I look at her again and nod.

"Yeah, it's now or never." I said. She smile and kissed my cheeks. We finally hop off the car. I fix my clothes and hair to look presentable. I wipe my wet cold palm to my Jean's because I'm nervous.

Lauren went to my side and clasp my hand intertwining our fingers. I look down at them and up into her eyes to smile at her.

"At least she's here, you're not alone."

We walk to the doorstep and ring the bell. Footsteps are heard at the back of the door, the door opened, revealing my mom with a surprised look.

"Hi, mom." I greet her. She looks down at our hands and looks up at both of us.

"She's the teacher?" She ask. I glance at Lauren and then back to my mother. I nod my head.

"Yeah, and my girlfriend." I said proudly. My mom shakes her head. She move to the side to let us in

"Come in." She says. We walk inside with Lauren by my side. I lead her into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Do you want anything?" Mom ask. I glance at Lauren.

"Want something?" I ask her, she shakes her head, no. I look back to my mom.

"Nothing, thank you." I told her. Why do I feel like I'm not home? "Where's dad?" I ask.

"He's at work, they have some urgent meetings and he has to get there early, that's why I'm alone." I nod my head.

She sat down on the other couch across from us. She clears her throat and looks at the both of us.

"So Ms. Jauregui how old are you?" My mom asks.

"I'm 22 Mrs. Y/l. Actually, I'm going 23 in two months." She answers politely. My mom nod her head, understandingly.

"Not too old." She said. "But you're married, your husband went here yesterday declaring you're having an affair with my daughter which Y/n you confirmed last night and basically right now. Are you aware that my daughter might get into trouble when your husband decided to file a case against her for being a mistress? Gosh, I can't even believe it this day, wives are having a mistress??" She dramatically says, I clear my throat and shift a little closer to Lauren, her hands becoming sweaty. She's still holding mine.

"Yes, Mrs. Y/l, I'm aware of that. But let me tell you this, I love your daughter more than anything in this world and nothing can change that, not even a little bit, we will fight for our love no matter what happens and we will go through these consequences because we love each other. She loves me and I love her and that's all that matters." Lauren explains, causing me to smile contently. My mom shifted clasping her hands together and putting them on her knees.

"You don't get my point here, you are already married to your husband Mr. Simpson, the principal of the school my daughter currently attending to. I will not let my daughter be a mistress, I didn't raise her just to be like that. If you don't love your husband anymore, then devorce him, that's the use of it anyway, by then you can be with my daughter without anyone in the way. You were probably too young when you got married to Mr. Simpson, that's why you got tired of each other easily, am I right? You don't even use his last name." My mom assumed. Lauren shook her head.

"No, Mrs. Y/l. Brad and I never loved each other, I never loved him. I don't want your daughter to be a mistress too, she doesn't deserve that. So I have decided to file a divorce with him later and end what we have, no actually we never had anything."

"Actually mom, we have to tell you something." I interupted, they both look at me, my mother looks confused. While Lauren cares my palm calming me down. I sighed.

"Mom, Lauren and Brad were arranged marriage. Lauren's parents arrange for her to get married to this rich man's son. Lauren didn't know it at first she only finds it out when Mr. Simpson starts to get to her. Her parents told her that if she ever back out of the marriage they will, permanently disown her. That's why she just goes with her parent's selfish decision."

"Oh my, sweetheart I'm really sorry that happened to you. I'm sure it has been so hard being married with someone you never actually like or loved. What kind of parents are they? They're so cruel, how could they do that to their own child?" My mom was shock, she didn't expect this.

"It's fine Mrs. Y/M/N, it's all over now, you shouldn't be the one to apologize for their wrongdoings. I'm filing a divorce with him I can't take it anymore, I'll end this shit with him." Lauren said.

"Always remember, you are loved and cared about. You know your worth, you should always choose your own happiness. You can be with my daughter from now on, be happy, do whatever you want, and live your life. You have my support." She says sincerely. Lauren is smiling, her tears building up in her eyes from the words she hears from my mom. I caress her hand and wipe her tears. I'm beaming like an idiot too, we have my mother's support. I feel relived.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Y/M/N." Lauren says.

"Thanks mom, I really love her." I told mom, causing Lauren to smile even more.

"I love you too." She said.

"You two are too cute together." My mom says, admiringly. "Finally, my daughter is not lonely anymore." I glare at her. She laugh, I roll my eyes playfully. Mom's belly is big, she's pregnant for three months.

"Yeah, because I'm already here." Lauren said, mom nodded too. They both laugh.

"What's your name by the way?" My mom ask.

"Lauren, Lauren Jauregui." She introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Lauren." She said and offer her hand for Lauren to shake. Lauren smiles and shake her hand. "Where are you from?" My mom ask again, curious.

"I'm from miami florida, born and raised from Cuba." She replies. My mom gasp.

"Wow, we're Cuban too, my husband is Australian I teach him Spanish that's why he's kinda fluent with the language. Miami was our home, our family lives there. We shifted here for work." Mom explains.

"I'm low-key aware of that. Y/N tells me about you a lot." Lauren informs her. My mom look at me with a knowing look.

"Really?? I hope it's a good thing." My mom says.

"I can assure you that." Lauren confirms.

"Well, she hasn't told me anything about her having a girlfriend, but I get it now. She didn't want to get caught. I didn't even know she have one until yesterday." She said.

I roll my eyes playfully. They continued talking about God knows what. Ended up mom telling some stupid stories about me. Show my photo album to her, baby pictures, etc. Ugh, it's embarrassing but I like it, they get close together. Mom invited her to have lunch together. Eventually, she finds out Lauren is our neighbor, Lauren informed her.

I like this, I just like the way it is. I like the feeling of my mother getting close with my girlfriend. I feel butterflies all over my stomach, it feels so right. It's like nothing can get our way because my mom is supporting us, you know what I mean?

I hope this last long and turned out well 'cause I loved it way too much.

_______
A/n: haysst, this story is gonna be over soon. I feel sad :'(
Follow me, never forget :)