Twenty Four

One More Chance To Hold You - jjk
Twenty Four

Jungkook pov

"Here..." I tilt my head towards her as she hands me a glass of cold water. I smiled gently at her and took the glass from her.

After a few sips were taken by me, she sat down next to me. I can feel her eyes on me before looking forward to the blank television with a soft sigh leaving her precious lips.

"I'm sorry I got you into my stupid problems... you shouldn't have seen that" I muttered. Looking down on the floor feeling so embarrassed.

"It's okay. Things happen" she replied. I can sense some uneasiness in her voice tone. I sighed hard "that is so embarrassing. I guess karma hit me good you know for kissing you without permission while I'm still having a bloody girlfriend" I shook my head and smiled at my stupid self.

Then I felt a little pressure on my right shoulder. I looked to my right and saw y/n gently land her head on my shoulder. My lips crept a smile as I scented her strawberry smells hair.

Y/n pov

This... is how I comforted my Jungkook.

Whenever he feels sad or disappointed he always sits next to me and I always place my head on his shoulder, transferring him the warmth that I have.

I hope this could help you too. I don't know what to do to comfort you...

I thought to myself while closing my eyes.

"It wasn't your fault. You told me once about Eva being cheated on you but I didn't listen to you. Now, I've seen it myself. I kinda feel sorry for you. 2 years of relationships ended just like that..." I whispered softly. 

"Thank you..." He says. I move my head off his shoulder and look at him with my furrowed eyebrows "what for?" I questioned.

He caresses my cheek and looks at me deep in the eyes "thank you for comforting me... and... giving me good words so that I won't feel so bad at myself... you are so thoughtful..." I smiled at him.

I observed his face carefully. There's sadness, disappointment, heartbreak but out of all of them I can see in his eyes that he... somehow a sign of relief from what happened.

"It's nothing Jungkook... this is what friends are for" there's a sting slice of pain in my chest when I say that word. The 'friend' word. What else was I expecting? 

He nods with a sad smile. I take his hand in mine and caress it gently. "You can do this. You deserve more than Eva. You're a good guy. Stop wasting your tears on someone like her... take your time, free your mind and you'll heal" I give him my most sincere smile and he gave me his. He nodded and thanked me again.

Jungkook pov

My brows furrowed when I saw her getting up from her seat and walking towards the kitchen counter gathering her stuff inside her bag.

"Where are you going?" She looks at me with a frown "what do you mean where am I going? Home of course" she replied.

I nodded. She stopped her track after seeing me still glueing my butt on the couch "what's wrong?" She made her way towards me. 

I shook my head and looked down on my hands. I want to ask her but I don't know how to. The empty seat next to me sank meaning that she had taken the place beside me.

"Hey... are you okay? If you don't feel good I can just go home by myself. You don't have to bother sending me home" she says with the calmest voice as she gets up from the seat.

I quickly got up from my seat and grabbed her wrist. She turned her head towards me, raising one of her eyebrows "can you... umm..." I stuttered. I curse myself for doing that.

"Can I?... what?" she mutters. I stood there in silence. I bit my lower lip trying to think of the right words "Can you stay the night here?... with me?..." I finally said it. 

My gaze wandered directly towards her. I can see her smile fell off her lips. I closed my eyes and shook my head "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that" I let go of her hand and walked over the door.

"Come... let me send you home" I grab the car keys from the small basket on the table. I looked to my back and saw y/n still standing on the same spot.

"Let's go" I gestured to her. Her next sentence left me with wide eyes and butterflies feeling on my tummy.

"I thought your room was this way?"

The next day

I woke up before her. Both of her hands were placed under her head. There's nothing to describe how angelic her face is while she is sleeping.

I made a promise to her to keep our distance even though we sleep in the same bed. I placed my bolster in between us, the only thing that she allowed me to hold is her hand and that is more than enough for me.

I smiled looking at her figure. I wonder who she is. Why have I never met her before? If I had met her earlier I would've been the luckiest and the happiest guy in the world. 

I tucked the strand of her hair behind her ears. I caress her cheek gently with my thumb. That is when I noticed her love shaped necklace but there are two rings also on each side of the locket.

Suddenly, I feel the urge to take a look at the heart shaped pendant. I carefully opened it and I instantly regretted it.

My widened eyes were glued on the photo inside of them. It was a photo of someone who looked exactly like me and y/n, smiling happily went down the slide.

What the actual fuck?!

I observed the rings on her necklace, it was written "Jungkook 🖤 Y/n" inside the rings. My body was shaking out of anger. My brain wasn't giving the best cooperation at that moment. I can't think of anything other than... 

Sasaeng... She is a sasaeng!

Y/n pov

I woke up from my deep sleep and looked for the figure of him, Jungkook but he was nowhere to be found. I rubbed my face and looked on my side and there's a note on the table.

I have an emergency. I can't send you home. I hope you can go home alone. I've left some money on the kitchen counter, call for a taxi and don't walk home.

Thank you for accompanying me.

JK.

———————-

A/N: oopsieeee someone is in trouble 😬