19

Mew saw his dad lying on the bed. Looks too weak. His faithful stepmother accompanying his dad's side looked surprised to see Mew's presence.

"Dad..." called Mew slowly.

Ms. Damia got up to give the two space to talk. Mew who started walking to get his dad did not look at Ms. Damia even once. Somehow the woman's face remained a vengeance ingrained in him. The woman was the cause of his mother's death. So, Mew will never forgive Ms. Damia.

"Are you back...?" Slowly Mr. Suppasit's voice asked. He stared at Mew's face for a long time with a very weak look.

Mew stay silent. His dad's condition forced Mew to remain silent. His heart still hurts. So, the pain became a thorn until he could no longer accept his dad.

"Why are you sulking with dad? If you don't like Tharn joining the company, you can talk to dad. No need to sulk," said the Mr. Suppasit slowly.

"In one company there can be no two heads, dad. It will be destroyed. If dad thinks Tharn is more suitable to run the company, I am willing to resign." Mew remained firm with his decision.

"Tharn has decided to stop working for the company. So, you should come back," said Mr. Suppasit again.

"So, am I still the second choice? When people can't, it's just handed over to me? Is that so?" Mew asked firmly. His heart was pierced by a sharp dagger. Extreme pain. It's hard to describe in words. So far, that is the position.

Mr. Suppasit coughed slowly while holding his chest, his face was also already wrinkled a thousand times holding back the pain. Mew's words really made him sick.

"Why did you say that? So far, dad has never differentiated between the two of you. You two remain dad's children. There is not the slightest difference," said Mr. Suppasit weakly.

"No. All this time, dad has never been fair. Dad always puts your son before me because I am the son of a wife who is not your love! So, dad never liked me!" Mew objected. His dad's words were completely unbelievable. All this time, that's what Mew feels like. As in a stepchild by his own biological father.

"Dad never did that. You're the only one who feels that way. Dad loves you both just the same!" explained Mr. Suppasit.

Suddenly Mew felt sad. Maybe that's how Gulf felt. Heartless but isn't it too childish? Ah! As long as human beings have feelings, it is not wrong to have such feelings.

"I don't want to discuss about this anymore. I came back just to see how dad was doing. If dad is healthy, I will return to Chiang Mai," said Mew. He doesn't want to be too emotional. Tired of living with that feeling all this time. Enough.

"You don't have to go back to Chiang Mai. Tomorrow you go back to work. Manage the company well. Dad believes you can take good care of the company," Mr. Suppasit gave instructions. He was still holding his chest.

Mew remained silent. He froze for a moment. For some reason, all of a sudden, he didn't feel happy to hear that news. Wouldn't it be nice if he lived in Chiang Mai alone and spent time his painting? At least there were no problems bothering him. Especially now with the presence of Gulf. That's more important to Mew than anything.

"You manage the company. From today, we will not interfere again in matters concerning the company," said Mr. Suppasit weak.

Mew walked slowly away from his father's room after that. The word "we" that was just uttered was like a dagger slicing through his feelings. It seems true that he has been isolated from his father's life. As if he wasn't his father's son. He really feels it.

In the room, Mew just silently thought on the couch. The feeling of regret for going home has begun to take over. If he hadn't come home and ignored anyone, maybe his heart wouldn't have hurt like this. Surely not only was his father ill, but Mew was even more ill.