21

The atmosphere of the dinner at Mr. Kanawut's residence was not much different from the nights after Gulf's absence. Everything is bland and tasteless. It has lost its happiness. Ms. Rose was also silent. Do not know anything to do. Gulf's absence really changed the situation.

The fact is that Ms. Rose is more willing to deal with Gulf's arrogance than she is now. The atmosphere became very quiet. Mr. Kanawut rarely wants to talk to Ms. Rose, let alone joke like when Gulf was still living together.

"If you think Rose and Art are the cause of Gulf leaving home, I am willing for us to separate," finally Ms. Rose expressed. She could no longer bear to see Mr. Kanawut in such a state. Mr. Kanawut is always depressed and sad. It seems that the newly built household is unhappy. So, what's the point of her hoping again.

Mr. Kanawut just kept quiet. He himself did not know to give any answer. Is a separation necessary to restore the current situation?

"Rose knows, Gulf really doesn't need me, so what's the point of us continuing if all this just hurts Gulf's heart," added Ms. Rose with a sad feeling that has not been revealed yet. Didn't think she would face such a problem. She thinks everything will be temporary. Sooner or later Gulf will accept herself as well. But it all made things worse.

"Give me time to think about all this. I'm sorry that all this hurt Rose, but I really love Gulf. He is my only child. He is the treasure I have in this world. I don't want to lose him!" Answer Mr. Kanawut slowly. Then he got up and left the dining table with a sad face. Mr. Kanawut has no appetite at all. Since Gulf's absence, Mr Kanawut's health has also been disturbed because his eating habits seems to have been neglected. Mr. kanawut misses Gulf so much that he can't think of anything else.

Ms. Rose's tears fell even as she tried to hold. It seems that she still has not succeeded in capturing Mr. Kanawut's heart. If that is the case, nothing more can be expected. It turned out that her presence was really unnecessary from the very beginning.

"Mom, what are you talking about? Because of that useless child, do you want to let go of your happiness? You want to give up just like that? Want to miss the opportunity?" Art said angrily. He was really upset with Gulf at the time. All this time, Gulf is the cause of everything.

"Art, why did you say like that? If Mr. Kanawut heard, he will be disappointed," Ms. Rose was also angry at Art.

"Ah! Let him hear. Only then he will realize what his son was like. That boy likes to burden people! In fact, he is the cause of all this. If it wasn't because of him, this thing wouldn't be like this...!" Art said angrily again.

"Mom can't do anything, Art. This marriage made many people hurt. I think it's better for me to give in if things can get back to normal.

"Mom, in the absence of that man, mom should use it fully to win Mr. Kanawut's heart. You can't just give up. You have to try something to make Mr. Kanawut forget his useless son," urged Art.

"Enough, Art. Mom doesn't want to take anything. Mom is happy with what happened after this. If this marriage ends, mom will just accept. Willingly..." said Ms. Rose in a tearful voice. She loves this marriage, yet if this marriage breaks a lot of hearts, what is the point of this marriage being defended again.

"Mom, you can't be like this. Right now, you are the most powerful in this house. You have more rights than Mr. Kanawut's son. You're his wife. all Mr. Kanawut's property will be mom's property too. Mom wants to let it all go? Mom wants to live poor like before?"

"But Art, mom doesn't want life like it is now. Everyone is unhappy. Mom didn't even think about luxury. Mom just wants to be happy. Because I thought Mr. Kanawut was a man who could give happiness to me!" Ms. Rose said clearly. She did not like to hear her son raise the question of property and wealth because all of that cannot bring happiness.