Candle

Inspired by a Prompt in a prompt book I got from target

I'm sorry if it doesn't make much sence- motivation was kinda taking control with no story line-

Original prompt:
Write a story that involves a flame going out.

Story:

Slowly as the wind blew the candle's out, one by one, Tommy was having a harder and harder time. He couldn't escape the house. After getting lost in a maze of rooms and doors, trying to get away from the monsters who he thought where his family, he heard a loud gust of wind as the last candle blue out.
And at that, he lost all energy and collapsed to the ground, and his vision went dark.

The monsters slowly came out of the Shadow's and closer to the unconscious boy they become more human, turning into themselves. One of them picks up the boy as he slowly fades into a creature like them.

It was Tommy's birthday, and he was now forever part of the family.

Prompt:

Tommy has been living in a house near the woods with his family for as long as he could remember. He was adopted at a younger age, the boy wondering into the house before being found by his now family.

It was is 16th birthday when things changed. The week before he noduced his family acting a bit off and talking weirdly, but whenever he brought it up they just brushed it off saying that it was his imagination.

When he turned 16 he noduced the shadow's spreading and creeping towards him as his family tried to grab him and 'make him one of them' as they said, trying to make him blow all the candles out.

Tommy ran off to try to escape, but the house started shifting. Hallways becoming longer, walls twisting and turning, and random rooms appearing. He couldn't escape.
Slowly the candles went out though, and when the final one faded he fell unconscious.

When Tommy woke up he was in a soft bed, and thought it was all a dream- or he would have if he didn't feel different.
Looking at himself, he noduced he was a shadow-like being covered in feathers, similar to how Phil looked when trying to catch him.