Tangledish

Came up with this idea while in PE class-

You know how in Tangled repunzle is kidnapped away from the royal family? What if SBI was the kidnappers, but also the royal Family?

Prompt:

The Royal Family where loved by all. King Philza was kind and just, Prince Techno was strong and led the kingdom in battles, Prince Wilbur would entertain the people with his music and tell story's to children, and Prince Tommy was energetic and brought happiness wherever he went. So, it made sense that the people loved him.

But one day Prince Tommy went missing. The royal family sent soldiers to look for him, and had a reward for if anyone could find the lost prince, but even after years, he was never found. Every year on the prince's birthday towns people would send lanterns into the sky in hopes to lead the prince back to them.

But, the royal family knew something no one else did. Tommy wasn't really missing, he was with his family, and only them. The blonde was kept in a tower that only the Royals could access.
They had always been protective over the youngest, and didn't want him to get hurt. One day Tommy got hurt (anything from a bruise to a broken bone) and the family desided they had to do something. They slipped a potion into Tommy's food that made him forget. Forget that he's a prince, forget the outside world, forget his friends, and only remember his family.

Tommy hasn't known anything out of his room. His family was always there for him and would give him books to read, paper to drawl on, and video games to play, so why would he need to leave? He had his family, what else did he need?

(*optional*)

As Tommy gets older he is content and happy in his room, but why is there a strange boy in his room claiming to be his friend, and how he's missing? What does he mean by that?

Or: You know how in Tangled repunzle is kidnapped away from the royal family? What if SBI was the kidnappers, but also the royal Family? And Tommy has no clue what's going on.
*maybe*
That is until a strange kid gets into his room and throws out all Tommy has known by telling the 'truth', but that even is the truth?