chapter 37

[Introductions!]

3rd Person Pov:

"We won't stand for a game against the Eastern Union!" "What do you make of our lives?!" "Come out and face us!" "Damned Eastern Union spies!" yelled the people of Elkia. They were still not liking the glowing symbol that each of them had on their body.

But, just like before, the queens and king don't really mind that uproar. Instead, they were sitting at a round table, facing their dear friends. "So, what are we all gathered here for?" asked Stephanie, eyeing everyone there.

Sora, without a care for what was happening outside of the castle, answered: "Remember what I said yesterday after we won?" He was referring to his right to alter Fiel's memories. "Spies..." trailed Steph off, glancing at the king.

Nodding, (Y/N) explained: "Yeah, we bet Imanity's race piece knowing that it'd force Clammy, who's working with Elvengarde, to challenge us." "And then, we beat her challenge." stated Sora, grinning.

Clammy mentioned: "It was also part of your plan to win me over by showing me your memories, thus not having to coerce me via the covenants, am I right? But even though we agreed to cooperate, I can't see us winning and none of your memories changed that. Do you have that worked out yet?"

At that, (Y/N) perked up. She pointed at Clammy, saying: "Oh, come on. It'll be fine!" Then, she grinned, placing a hand on the book on her hip. It started glowing, which only made her smirk even wider. "Or did you forget who I really am?"

Sora put a hand on her head, indicating to not threaten them, saying: "In any case, I've gathered all of you here for a single reason. There's a certain something we need to get out of the way first. We can't form a united front without it."

The seriousness in his voice caused the Stephanie, Clammy, and Fiel to widen their eyes. "And that's..." trailed Steph off, staring at Sora. Clammy said: "So you're saying..." What Sora said next, however, surprised them greatly.

"Introductions!"

...

...

...

"Introductions...? Why bother now?" asked Clammy, her tone showing just how off putting that was to her. Seeing that no one else reacted, she cleared her throat, saying: "I'm Clammy Zell. Nice to meet you."

"What?" asked Steph, not sure what to think of this. Shiro asked: "That's it?" "Don't you have anything else to say?" asked Steph, leaning back in her chair. Clammy, keeping her eyes closed, answered: "No. It doesn't really matter, does it?"

Sora, seemingly deep in thought, said: "She's 18 years old, same as me. She's 158 centimeters tall. From the top, her three sizes are-" Before he could continue, Clammy said: "Hey! That's not fair!"

"Also, she puts pads in her bra, so she's actually-" "O-Okay, I get it! I'll do it right, so stop it already!" called Clammy out, her face all red from the embarrassment. (Y/N) had to hold in her laughter, turning to face away from them.

"Y-You don't have to laugh at me! I know for a fact that your chest isn't that big! I bet you yourself put pads-" yelled Clammy, but (Y/N) quickly reached towards her waist, opening her precious grimoire. She didn't need to look at the spell to activate it.

Within a single second, the whole room they were in, except for the table they sat at, was engulfed in tall, bright flames. Clammy shrieked as (Y/N) had a way too innocent smile on her lips, asking: "Hey, Clammy, could you please repeat that? It seems I didn't catch what you just said."

Shuddering, the Imanitian girl sunk back into her chair, muttering a quick: "S-Sorry..." with reddened cheeks. "There you go!" called (Y/N), clapping her hands together. She then deactivated her spell, stretching her arms over her head as she sat down. "Now that was exhausting~"

"Such a high level spell..." muttered Fiel in amazement. Behind (Y/N), Jibril was drooling, trying to get a grip on the book. "Jibril. Stop." Those words, coming from Sora, made Jibril sulk, sinking down to the floor.

Sighing lightly, Clammy decided to continue with her introduction, so she motioned towards her elven friend, saying: "First, I have to introduce Fi or you won't get the whole picture." Said Elve waved kindly at them, saying: "Hi there. My name's Fiel Nirvalen."

Her expression then turned a bit darker as she said: "All of you, apart from that evil demon over there, can just call me 'Fi'." Her glare was directed at none other than the Flügel herself. Jibril, of course, returned the glare, saying: "Oh? It seems someone's holding a bit of a grudge. I wonder why? It's a mystery."

"Well... Thinking back on how a certain Flügel cast Divine Wrath on one of our cities, causing countless casualties during the war..." trailed Fiel off, smiling innocently. Jibril just smiled, while Sora said: "The accused: Jibril, your defense?"

"There's nothing much to be said. After all, had they not been so impudent as to cast anti-flight magic, I'd have flown right by without paying them any mind. They received their just desserts." she said, reliving that memory.

"I bumped my head when I fell from that high, you know? You can't possibly blame me for killing them all in the spur of the moment, can you?" To that, Sora said: "As judge, I declare the defendant, Jibril, guilty." "Why?!"

Deciding to get back to topic, (Y/N) shifted in her seat, saying: "Anyways, Fi, I'd like to avoid infighting. We'll all be working together, after all. Is there some way you could forgive Jibril?" Fiel thought for a short moment, then said: "That's quite the tall order."

"Fi." called Clammy, gaining her attention. "Sora's plan won't work without her. Do it for me, too." Sighing, Fiel said: "Fine... If you lick my foot and say 'Please forgive me, mistress Fiel', we'll be even."

Jibril got up from the floor, saying: "Oh, what's this? You're getting light years ahead of yourself. After all, the only thing your race is good for is growing long ears." Shiro simply said: "Jibril, it's punishment for your crimes."

"What?! A-Are you actually telling me to lick this animal's foot?!" "Punishment." repeated Shiro, making Jibril whine. Fiel lifted her leg up, while Jibril said: "I may not see the need, but since it's an order..."

"Please forgive me, mistress Fiel."

"Okay! You're forgiven!" announced Fiel, smiling in victory over the Flügel. Sora asked: "Is that really all it took?" To that, Jibril said: "M-Master, licking the foot of such a lesser being in apology should completely and thoroughly humiliate me, and yet..."

She got closer to the three leaders of Elkia, saying: "When I consider that I had to do it because you ordered me to, I get strangely excited." Sora pushed her away while she kept on ranting and ranting.

"Since we want to avoid infighting, I need to get something of my chest." announced Stephanie, getting everything back to the topic. Then, she pointed her index finger at Clammy, asking: "Didn't she cheat in all her games against me?!" Yawning, (Y/N) said: "That's your own fault for getting tricked, ya know." "Wha-"