7-Cheating

I'm back! And sorry...

I'm actually trying, but just can't seem to think of anything good...

But still, I will continue with this book!!

Anyways, hope you'll enjoy!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[ℂ𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘]

(Y/N) Pov

"(Y/N), would you like to be a member of Blank?" asked Sora. I leaned back into the chair, thinking for a moment. Shiro added: "We were always Blank. And there wasn't anyone else that could possibly beat us."

Should I? What would it mean to me? To them? I wouldn't be alone anymore, right? I closed my eyes and went through all possibilities. But... would they betray me? I opened my eyes, asking: "What if I did? That would mean that I completely trust you. So, would you..." I blushed out of embarrassment as I continued: "Uhm, trust me, too...?"

Shiro then took my hand, with Sora saying: "Do we look that criminal?", a hint of amusement in his voice. I smiled lightly, saying: "It's just... I've been betrayed before and- No, that doesn't matter now." I closed my eyes again. Should I...?

I let a sigh escape my lips and smiled, saying: "Fine~ I'm in!" I looked over at Shiro. Her eyes sparkled, and Sora did something like a victory-dance. I giggled at him, pulling Shiro on my lap. I totally understand why he 'needs' her. She's amazingly cute.

Sora, bringing me out of my thoughts, said: "With you on our side, we're even more invincible! Oh, let us tell you our one rule." "The word 'loss' doesn't exist in Blanks dictionary." finished Shiro.

I nodded, saying: "Well, the last draw I had was in that game against Tet, so I think I'll be fine. Don't worry. Anyways, I have to go to my game." I looked over at Steph and smiled, saying: "I'm gonna win the throne." She returned my smile, nodding her head, saying: "Please do."

┖ Time skip: 3 hours later 

I yawned as I stood up, looking at the time of Sora's phone. I froze. "Hm...? Ah!" I screamed, loudly. That caused the other three to wake up almost immediately. Sora looked at me, asking: "Wh-What happened?!" I ran around the room, yelling: "C'mon! Get your stuff ready! We're totally late!" How could this happen?! There's no way I'd-

I stopped dead in my tracks, having picked up a certain feeling. I put my hand to my chin, saying: "This feeling... Magic?" "You can feel Magic?" asked Steph, her eyes slightly wide. I nodded as answer, turning to face Sora. He sighed, brushing a hand through his hair, saying: "She used her Elve to help her." "Elve?" I asked, tilting my head a little. "Yeah. She's cheating with the help of an Elve."

"I see. That means she used some sort of sleeping-spell on us. How mean." I stated, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "That means she's afraid of playing against you." noted Sora, grinning a little. I returned it, saying: "Seems so." "I'm sure the ceremony already begun. We should-" I cut him off: "Storm in there and get another try?" "Exactly." We smirked at each other. Soon after that, we left and went there.

3rd Person Pov

"Well then, in accordance with the late kings will, Clammy Zell will be crowned as the new ruler of Elkia. Should there be reason against this, speak now or forever or forever hold your pea-" "Objection!" called Sora and (Y/N) at the same time.

Sora played some music from his phone, saying: "Objection! Right here!" "C-Can I take that to mean you wish to challenge her?" (Y/N) nodded, saying: "Hell yeah! It was my game anyway!" Clammy asked: "Forcing your servants to participate because you lost? This isn't the place for such nonsense. Take your child to play elsewhere, Stephanie Dola."

Steph gasped, not getting why she was being attacked now, while Sora said: "This also isn't the place to crown a con artist, now is it?" "Especially one depending on another nation." finished (Y/N). The people around them started to whisper about that. Sora asked: "Shiro, see any?" She answered: "Just one." "Anyone else covering their ears?" "No."

Clammy frowned a little, asking: "What're you implying?" "Didn't catch my drift? Well, this is all hypothetical, but wouldn't it spell the end for this country if someone colluded with the Elves and used magic to win the crown?" "Wh-What's the meaning of this?" asked the old man, in charge of crowning the new leader. "In other words, you're accusing me of cheating?" asked Clammy, raising a brow.

(Y/N) grinned, exclaiming: "Oh, come on." To that, Sora asked: "Didn't I say it was all hypothetical? Or did I happen to hit the nail on the head?" "Fine, then. If you insist on objecting, I'll play along and force you to submit." stated Clammy, nodding once. "Thanks! I'd like nothing more! That said, if you want to play a round of poker, your friend there will have to leave beforehand."

Shiro pointed in the crowd where Stephanie stood. Steph pulled the hood from the girl down, reveling the elven girl. "Sh-She's an Elve?!" asked the crowd, freaking out a bit. (Y/N) asked: "Oh? You're not going to bail her out?"

"Now I get it. You're colluding with a random Elve in hope of turning my fellow Imanitians against me, aren't you?" Sora laughed, saying: "That's a nice way to wiggle out of it." "Why don't you take your leave, Elve 'conspirator'?" With that, the Elve quickly left, not saying anything.

"I believe we're good to go now." stated Clammy in a matter-of-fact tone. "Yep." said (Y/N), smiling a bit. "In accordance with the Covenants, I'll make use of my right to choose the game we'll play. I assure you, neither cheating nor outside intervention will be possible." "Fifth Covenant: 'The right to deciding a games rules belongs to the challenged', was it? Well, I won't ask why you don't feel like playing poker anymore 'cause I'm just that nice."

Sora then took a photo of Clammy, saying: "You're not very photogenic. You'd be cuter if you smiled a bit more." To that, Clammy said: "Let's hold the game elsewhere. I'll let you know once the preparations are done." (Y/N) nodded once more, saying: "Sure hope so. Oh, and before I forget it..." She leaned closer to her, whispering: "I know when magic's being used." Clammy stared after (Y/N) as they left.

(Y/N) Pov

I won't let my guard down. I can tell if that Elve tries to use any magic. Just concentrate. I ignored the other three talking and just sat on the floor. I closed my eyes, but felt nothing. I then sighed and took my book out. As I flipped page after page, I noticed something in the book that I could read. In that exact same moment, I felt someone using magic again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/318911217356098149/

Edited ☑