41-All set now

[𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨]

3rd Person Pov

"Let's do this, Izuna-tan." said Sora to their opponent, who was staring at something else. A very special someone was, apparently, watching the game. And poor Izuna now had even more pressure on her.

Noticing this, (Y/N) asked: "Hey, Izuna?" "What, please?" asked the young girl back, avoiding any eye-contact. Grinning, the (h/c) haired girl asked: "When was the last time you had fun during a game?"

That question alone caught the Werebeast off guard. She didn't know what to answer, as that question was too off-putting for her. Before she could even make a single sound, however, her grandfather, Ino, asked: "Are you all ready?"

Sora held both of his arms to his sides, saying: "Shiro, (Y/N), don't let go, okay?" Shiro immediately took his hand, saying: "You too, Nii." (Y/N) smiled a little, saying: "If you say so." while placing her hand in his.

"Let's begin the game."

With that, the machines started to do what they were made to do. And the contestants consciousness' were pulled into the game.

Ino, sensing the use of magic, glanced around the room, noticing someone he wished wasn't there. Clammy Zell.

Outside of the arena, much further away, stood Fiel, smiling to herself. She was using a spell to look through Clammy's eyes, allowing her to see whatever it was that Clammy was looking at.

(Y/N) Pov

I looked at my hands in amazement, saying: "Wow! This is amazing!" Sora chuckled, adding: "Yeah. I knew this game would be fun, but this is awesome." "Right? To be in a game that's like on a console... A dream come true!" I called out, my eyes practically sparkling. We're currently in something like a loading screen.

"Are we really okay?" asked Steph, starting to panic. "I don't think we can win this." Sighing I said: "Come on, have at least a little faith in us."

"It's the same answer to your question from earlier. Why did I make the people riot?" asked Sora, almost sighing at her. Steph asked: "Why are you talking about this now?" "I don't need the trust of anyone who's sure we can win. They're watching closely to make sure we don't deliberately lose."

Nodding, I added: "Yeah. And thanks to that, it's harder for the Eastern Union to cheat." "There's no more trusted observer than someone who suspects you." said Sora, nodding once. Jibril smiled brightly, saying: "That's impressive, masters!"

"They'll try to use cheats and Werebeast abilities that we aren't expecting so they can overcome our observers. What determines our victory is how quickly we react to what we expected, and to what we didn't expect, and how we reflect that in our strategies." explained Sora, making me nod from time to time.

Then, our surroundings started to change. Suddenly, we were standing in what seemed like a city, but all of the buildings were extremely tall and had a lot of windows in them. There were also all kinds of different things, which I think I saw and read about in games and books on the tablet.

A wide smile appeared on my lips as I almost bounced in my place, looking at everything around us. "This is just amazing! The buildings, the signs, everything! This looks so breath-taking, astonishing, even!" I called out.

Steph, taking a step back, asked: "Wh-Where are we?" Jibril turned to look in every direction, then noted: "It's an illusionary world that I've never seen or heard of before. Master, were are-" She suddenly stopped mid-question, gaining my attention.

I let out a gasp as I saw Sora and Shiro sitting on the ground, hugging their knees. They were as white as ghosts, shivering. Confused, I asked: "Hey, what's wrong?"

Falling over, Sora said: "We're doomed." "Huh? What?" asked Steph, the confusion written all over her face. I tilted my head, asking: "What do you mean?" In a weak voice, Sora said: "We can't do this. Sorry. Imanity's finished."

"Wh-What do you mean?! After all that build-up?" asked Steph, now nervous. "I'm sorry. I didn't expect it to be set in Tokyo." said Sora, bowing down. "I can't do anything here. It's our home, but we're the away team. We can't help you, so I'm sorry but please handle this yourselves. We can't do it."

Balling my hands into fists, I said: "Sora." in a threatening tone. He immediately sat up, asking: "Y-Yes?" I kneeled down in front of him, saying: "Get up. You're playing this game with me, whether you like it or not. Besides, this world looks awesome! I would've loved to live in a world like this!"

"You weren't there! It was horrible!" replied Sora, shaking in fear. Tilting my head, I asked: "So this does look like your old world?" "Yes." "Tet! I wanna go to that world!" I called out, standing back up again. Sadly, I got no response. "Tch. Stupid god won't even let me see other worlds." I said, clicking my tongue.

Suddenly, a screen appeared and a video was played. "You are incredibly popular. So popular that girls from all around the world are after you. But in your heart, there is only one woman you love." What? What in the world is this? An opening movie? Holy shit, that's actually stunning. Just how much effort did they put into this?

"Nonetheless, if faced with too many temptations, your love will waver. Can you make it through all the temptations, and convey your feelings to the one you love? Living or Dead series side story: Love or Loved 2: hit her with your bullet of love!"

Some Werebeast girls were dancing, even singing! Not gonna lie, that was fun to watch. Even so... "I'm at a loss for words." I admitted, sitting down next to the shivering siblings.

"Can you hear me?" asked the old Werebeast, now on the big screen. "Welcome to the game world. This fictional field is where our contest will take place." Hearing this, Sora stopped shivering, sitting up. He slid his arms over my shoulders as support, saying: "Wait."

"Yes?" asked Ino, waiting for Sora's intel. He said: "Let me confirm something. This is a fictional place. It doesn't really exist. In other words, it's a virtual world you invented for your game?" "That's right. Why?"

Suddenly filled with a bunch of emotions, Sora yelled: "Don't scare me like that! Damn it! That brought back some deep-rooted trauma! Don't make misleading stuff like that! Damn you, old man!" I quickly placed my hands on his shoulders, saying: "Sora, calm down! It's a game! A game!"

Not getting any of this, Ino asked: "Why are you so upset? Do you have a problem with the level?" Sora got closer to the screen, yelling: "Of course I do! Why the hell would you use this place, of all things?! Is this psychological warfare? You trying to screw with me?!"

"S-Sora, calm down..." I tried again, not quite getting why he was acting like this. He did tell me what he and Shiro went through, and why they were 'shut-ins', but this isn't real. It's a mere game.

Ino began explaining the choice for the level: "This is a science fiction level very popular among the youth of the Eastern Union. That is the only reason it was chosen, but don't worry. It's a game, so to an extent, you will be safe."

"That explains why I can be out in the sun." said Sora, seemingly deep in thought. He then started shaking Shiro, calling out to her: "Shiro! Calm down! This isn't Tokyo! It only looks like it! It's just some place they dreamed up!"

Rainbows appeared around him as he said: "That's right. This is a game, just like Persona, or Stein's Gate, or Akiba's Trip! As long as we're in game, we're fine!" "A game?" asked Shiro, slowly standing up. "Okay. Got it."

I sighed, saying: "Alright! We can finally start!" "Yeah, sorry (N/N). We're all set now." said Sora, giving me a thumbs-up. Ino nodded, saying: "Allow me to explain the rules to you all, then."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://wallpapers.com/wallpapers/no-game-no-life-izuna-ruzta2q33t1qyi8s.html