42-the Power of Love

[𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖]

⤞3rd Person Pov⤝

Over the big screen, Ino began explaining the rules of the following game. "First, please take note of the box in front of you." The players did so, surprised to see some sort of weapon in it.

"You'll use those guns to shoot the NPCs who chase you." "We're shooting them?" asked Sora, confused at the genre of this game. Ino continued: "Through careful aiming and well-timed detonations, you'll make them fall in love with you."

"Isn't that Gal Gun?" asked Sora, staring at the screen, where something like a tutorial was being shown. "The girls who fall in love with you will give you their love power and disappear. The ammo fired from the love gun is your own love power!"

(Y/N) took one of the weapons into her hands, asking: "Eh? This is called the 'love gun'? How lame." Shiro nodded, while Sora sighed, saying: "Disappointing."

Ino, not caring what they had to say, continued his little speech: "However, if Izuna shoots one of you, you'll become her love slave!" "Can't you just say 'you'll join her side'?" asked Sora, about to lose it with this game.

"But even as girls from all over the world look your way, your one true love will not! Your goal is to reach her with your love power and have her fall head-over-heels for you! That concludes the explanation!" The Imanitian crowd gasped, some cheering as soon as Ino had finished reading the rules off of a scroll.

Taking one of the bombs into his hands, Sora asked: "So basically, I just have to reject every girl I see? Who do I think I am? In other words, Izuna wants a harem ending with the five of us, but we're after her only."

"That's correct." replied Ino, nodding shortly. "One last note: magic cannot be used in the virtual world, so do be careful." "I figured as much. It feels... different." noted (Y/N), whispering so that the crowd couldn't hear her.

Ino asked: "Would you like a more detailed explanation of the rules?" Without any kind of hesitation, Sora answered: "Nah. I'll figure them out as I play." One of the Werebeast NPCs had managed to climb onto the truck they were standing on, and Sora quickly shot her, causing her to turn into some sort of pink cloud before vanishing completely. "Let's try this."

"On it." said (Y/N), jumping down from the truck. She held her gun up, firing it at every Werebeast she could see. Meanwhile, Sora experimented with the rules of the game. Steph was getting hugged by the NPCs, causing her 'love power' to drain rather quickly. As it was empty, they left her alone again, which confused her greatly.

Running in a group of four, excluding Steph, the players were analysing the game in their own way. Jibril was just excited to see this virtual version of a world, while (Y/N) kept on shooting Werebeasts, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"This is the best game ever! Hey, Gramps, can I play this again after today?" she asked, shooting the last of the Werebeasts that was following them. Sora asked: "So what happens if you shoot an ally, old man?"

The screen appeared next to them, with Ino saying: "You can restore love power to an ally who has run out. You can also save companions who have been turned into Izuna's love slaves, but the one shot temporarily becomes a love slave of the one who shot-"

Ino couldn't even finish his explanation as a shot was fired at one of their allies. Sora grinned, taking his 'love gun' down again. The pink cloud had hit (Y/N) right in the back of her head, causing her to stumble slightly.

"Ah, Sora, my beloved!" she called out, hearts in her eyes as she basically threw herself at him, hugging him tightly. Sora was still grinning, his cheeks taking a light, reddish color to them. "This is... amazing." he said, enjoying every moment of his little victory.

"I'm head-over-heels in love with you! To think that I haven't told you how much I love you every day... Sora!" said (Y/N), placing a kiss onto his cheeks. Sora let out a girly giggle, saying: "You know what, let's just stay in this game forever~" "If that's what you want, then gladly!" she replied.

Jibril grinned mischievously, aiming her gun to fire at one of her Masters. Without hesitation, she shot Shiro, who immediately hugged her, saying: "Jibril, I love you!" Jibril let out a laugh, saying: "So this is the effect this 'love gun' can create? I don't even possess the emotion of love, but somehow it excites me!"

"Right? Isn't this the best?" asked Sora, still living the life of his dreams. Suddenly, he was hit in the head, falling over. "Sora... How dare you shoot me!" said (Y/N), glaring at him.

Shiro, being out of her love-state as well quickly backed off from Jibril, saying: "Jibril, you'll be punished later." "Oh, forgive me, Shiro!" replied the Flügel, looking very happy at what had happened.

"(Y/N), don't! Don't shoot me!" yelled Sora, terrified. He tried to dodge, but (Y/N) showed him no mercy. The pink cloud hit him, resulting in him immediately turning on his heels. With a smug grin, (Y/N) said: "There. Now you get to know how it feels!"

However, she regretted her decision as soon as Sora cupped her face with his hands, saying: "Oh, my love. My dearest (Y/N), please forgive me for my rudeness. I promise to never make you angry ever again."

Within the next second, he had kissed her, causing her to gasp, her cheeks burning red. As he pulled away, he smirked, asking: "You're quite flustered, aren't you?"

An irk mark growing on the side of her head, she pushed him away, saying: "You're back to normal, so stop it." "Come on, you liked it, didn't you?" "I- Stop embarrassing me!" she called, quickly hiding behind Jibril.

Chuckling, Sora said: "But it is quite the strange feeling. Once shot, you lose all ability to defend or control yourself. Not that I didn't want to kiss you~" "Shut up!" "Sorry, but I love seeing you all flustered. And teasing you is easy enough." "Sora, you better-"

Before (Y/N) could finish her sentence, Steph had managed to catch up with them, saying: "I found you! You all left me on my own again! That's horrible-" (Y/N) sighed, shooting Steph once, since she had gathered the most love power up until now.

Steph had hearts in her eyes as she tried to give her a bone-curshing hug, which Jibril, thankfully, prevented by simply holding her back. "Steph, do you understand the rules so far?" asked Sora, not sure if she could actually play this game.

"Love doesn't need rules! Even if I don't know them, my love for (Y/N) is eternal!" she replied, smiling widely. Sora lightly shook his head, saying: "Of course you don't. Hey, (Y/N)." "On it." she said, already placing her hands onto Steph's arms.

"There. Hold the gun towards the ground." she instructed. "Anything for you! Ah, my heart is pounding!" "Now, pull the trigger." The same second that Steph pulled the trigger, she awoke from her love-driven state. "Huh? What am I-" she asked, only to be cut off as a pink cloud hit her right in her face.

She laid eyes on her reflection, immediately scooting closer to it. "I'm so beautiful! I'll never let myself go!" she called, smiling at herself. Sora looked at the gun in his hands, saying: "I thought so. It bounces off of things. That's the key, Shiro." "Leave it to me." said Shiro, nodding.

"Also, our stamina doesn't change too much from real life. So keep the running to a minimum." he told his little sister, who nodded, having understood her task. "Well then, let's go, you three!" called Sora, glancing back at Shiro, Jibril, and (Y/N).

Staring at Steph with clear disgust, (Y/N) backed away slightly. "Aight, that's too much for me. The power of love knows no bounds." she said, sighing heavily, beginning to walk after the other three.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/1883947