Chapter 29

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

I wish all of you good luck and a great start in 2021^^

But for now, let's continue this book!

Enjoy

\(^♡^)/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Werebeasts' in check]

3rd Person Pov:

"Why don't you state your business with us, you damned monkeys?" asked Ino roughly. Sora asked back: "What's there to be said when you can read our minds?" "This is a place of diplomacy. A place for words and documents to be exchanged, but perhaps that's too difficult a concept for a monkey." "Don't be so pissy because your granddaughter likes us better." That statement made Ino way more than just mad. "So immature." noted Shiro, grinning a little. Jibril said: "Master, try not to upset the Werebeast's fragile emotional state. He's so pitiful I can hardly stifle my laugh- hold back my tears." in a joking tone. "Yikes! Wh-Why do you two have to be so rude?" asked Stephanie, scared of the old Werebeast. Sora put his arms around (Y/N), who was sitting on his lap, saying: "All right, we'll spell it out for you, Gramps. We wanna play a game with your granddaughter's panties on the line. Our side will bet Steph's." Before Ino could say anything against it, (Y/N) smashed her head back, yelling: "You can't do that! She's a child! A child!" Sora rubbed his nose, crying anime tears, saying: "But underwear isn't 18+... Everyone has it." "That's not what I was saying, idiot. I said she's a CHILD. Underage. Like Shiro. You don't want anyone to take Shiro's underwear, do you?" At this, Sora's eyes lit up with a burning fire in them. He, once again, hugged his girlfriend, saying: "I apologize, old geezer. Let me rethink this." in a voice that didn't suit his character at all. But then, he ruined his little speech by asking: "Do you want Jibril's instead of Steph's? Maybe (Y/N)'s?" Jibril immediately said: "If you say so, Master." while (Y/N) was blushing madly, turning around and punching Sora like a little girl would. "Sora~" she whined. Sora turned back to Ino, asking: "Or could it be... Don't tell me... mine?" This time, he asked that in a way too high voice. "Not like I swing that way, though." he quickly said, putting a hand on (Y/N)'s head to stop her from hitting him, which she did.

Sora Pov:

I said: "Can't we make this work, Gramps? I'll settle for just Izuna's panties." Ino was more or less calmed down as he said:" Honestly, if you don't plan on saying what you're really after, you should leave alrea-" "Drop the lame act already, will ya?" I said. He looked shocked for a moment, so I said: "If you could really read minds, you'd have taken up the panties bet right away. 'Cause it isn't the panties, but what comes with them- wiping the memories of someone who's seen straight through all your games- that'd make it worth your while. Here, shake my hand." I stood up, holding my hand out. He hesitated, which was a clear sign. "Being careful, huh? We hit a spot." said (Y/N), smirking at the old man. I said: "Cold reading. It's a cheap trick anyone can pull off if they have the know-how and a knack for observation. Don't even need the Werebeasts' superior senses. It also happens to be one of my specialties." Ino eyed me and (Y/N), so I asked: "Done confirming that we're not bluffing?" (Y/N) continued: "Well then, now that we've confirmed that the rumors about the mind-reading were lies, it's finally time for business." Shiro, (Y/N), and I stood in front of the map monitor. I said: "Let me tell you what we're really after. In the name of Imanity, the bottom-ranked race on Disboard, and the representatives of the Kingdom of Elkia, Sora, Shiro, and (Y/N)..." Shiro said: "...we declare the foreign nation of the Eastern Union to be the first stepping stone on our path to world domination." (Y/N) said: "We hereby challenge you to a game between our nations..." The three of us finished the sentence together: "...and demand you wager the entirety of the Eastern Union's territory on this continent." Steph asked: "A game between our nations? W-We're going on the offensive against the Eastern Union? Is that what you just said?" "That's right." I answered. "Oh, we're still betting Steph's panties, same as before." She screamed while I stepped closer to Izuna and Ino, saying: "You could've settled the bet with Izuna's panties, but too bad. Sorry, Gramps. That's check." "M-Master, what in the world's going on?" asked Jibril, her eyes sparkling. Shiro asked: "Jibril, you still don't get it?" (Y/N) said: "It's simple, really. We just put the Eastern Union in check." I said: "Half a century ago, the Eastern Union suddenly advanced their technology by leaps and bounds. Thing is, an island ain't enough to use that kinda tech. They desperately needed resources from the continents. But Elvengarde made a move on them before they could secure a foothold of land. It was a game the Elves were tricked into. Nobody would challenge an unknown game if even the strongest nation kept losing it, though. Means they got stuck with their islands. They should've lost on purpose occasionally. So why didn't they?" (Y/N) asked: "Let's solve this mystery step by step, shouldn't we?" I nodded, then said: "Question one: Why erase memories of the game?" Shiro answered: "Because if they didn't, their victory wouldn't be guaranteed anymore." (Y/N) clapped her hands together, saying: "Correct! Erasing memories makes it harder to lure people in. It just doesn't make sense they'd keep insisting on it, unless there's something that can't be revealed. But even if people don't remember why they lost the game, they knew that they had." "Question two: Why did Elvengarde challenge them four times?" Again, Shiro answered: "Because they wanted to figure out the game by guessing how they lost." (Y/N) said: "Elvengarde's a massive country, not like Elkia. They can easily afford to take a few losses to figure the game's secrets out. After their first loss, the Elves probably hypothesized it was a game Magic had no part in. That'll be the first reason they'd guess an Elf could lose, right? And after coming up with a counter-plan, they challenged once more. And lost. Then followed the third attempt. They happened to have figured out what the game was about. They can use Magic, something everyone would love to do, but they took their time before challenging them for a fourth time. Just to lose again." Ino said: "You have quite an active imagination." I shrugged, saying: "It's not like I actually care how they lost, though." "What's important here is why they stopped after the fourth try." said (Y/N), showing her best poker-face. This quiz-show thing is actually pretty fun to do. Maybe we'll do something like this more often. Probably not.