Chapter 18

[Meeting Jibril]

Stephanie Pov:

As soon as (N/N) calmed down, I said: "About five years ago, she appeared at the National Library of Elkia... and sorta won the library and it's entire collection in a game against my grandfather." I laughed nervously, trying to not get them mad at me. Sora asked: "Oh? So you did have a library?" He's not mad, good... "Betting all of your knowledge... You guys retarded?! It's humanity's only weapon, understand?!" yelled Sora. Shiro said: "Steph, sit." I did so and watched them walking away. "Wait." ordered Shiro. "No! Stop! People are... People are watching!" I yelled after them, to no avail.

Sora Pov:

Ranked sixth among the Exceed. The Flügel. In the great war of time immemorial, they were created to kill Old Dei. I didn't expect one of them to be so close. "S-Sora, are you seriously going to challenge that monster?" asked Steph. I said: "That god-killer sits on top of all the books we've been looking for. We need that information to get anywhere. Besides, if things get too spicy, we have (Y/N)." "Huh?" She looked at me with a puzzled expression before getting waht I meant. "But..." She leaned closer to my ear, whispering: "Don't tell that Flügel my last name. Don't tell her that I'm a (L/N), okay?" I nodded, answering: "I won't." "Thank you." she said with a smile. Damn... She was cute without those cat ears, but now... I can hardly concentrate on anything else. And when she smiles like that... I can't help but fall even more for her. That reminds me- No. That's something for after we defeated the Flügel. I asked: "You're absolutely sure the Flügel always play the same game, right?" "Yeah. Based on what I heard, at least." answered (Y/N), hugging my arm. I felt the blood rush into my cheeks as I tried to stay calm. "G-Great. So this is where... we begin our world conquest."

(Y/N) Pov:

The door opened, revealing hundreds, no, thousands of books. I immediately felt the magic in the room as Shiro said: "Wow." "Now, where's the angel we're looking for?" asked Sora. We walked a bit, until I stopped, pointing up. That much magic... The Flügel is there. As we looked up, we saw a silhouette flying above us, spreading it's wings. My eyes widened as I took a step back to hide behind Sora, but I didn't let go of his arm. "Excuse, you persons over there. What you need from me library?" We all dropped to the floor upon hearing her talk. "Way to kill the mood." the three of us said together as Steph stayed silent. "My name is Jibril. Now why would Imanity's new rulers, King Sora, Queen (Y/N), and Queen Shiro, seek me out?" asked the Flügel, Jibril. We stood back up as Sora asked: "You already know about us? We can cut the case then. I'll be blunt. Hand over this library."

"You want to get me library? I must say, that's quite superprising." I sighed as I leaned back against Sora's chest. He asked: "(Y/N), the Flügel are a warrior-race created to kill Old Dei, right?" "I think so, yeah." Jibril said: "You three look as wide-eyed as a pigeon hit by a beanshooter... I mean, wide-faced." "She corrected herself." noted Shiro. Sora put his arms around my shoulders, saying: "Hey, you sorta talk like a certain celebrity. If you're doing it on purpose, cut it out, will you?" "What?! I thought I had created an avant-garde and unique way of speech, but to think I had a forerunner..." What's with her...? "Let's return to the subject at hand. You say you desire my library, so... Am I to take that as a challenge to a game, human?" she asked. I answered: "Yeah. That's right." "Is that so? Before the Ten Covenants were implemented, we Flügel collected several heads. However, since murder and violence have been prohibited, we now value knowledge over all else. Knowledge is recorded within books, and as such, libraries, with their copious collections, are now as valuable to us as our very lives. You've asked me to put my life at stake, so pray tell how you intend to match my wager." I watched her as Sora said: "We'll bet over forty thousand books from a parallel universe." Just as he said those words, Jibril spit her tea all over us. "Gross." said Shiro as Sora patted her head, saying: "Don't mind it, Shiro. That's a great reward to people like me!" I elbowed him in the stomach as Jibril repeated: "F-Forty thousand... Surely you jest. Where would you even..." I pulled the Notepad out and showed her, saying: "They're all in here." "I got them so I could study for quiz games. Encyclopedias, medical journals, philosophy books, and plenty of other information is crammed in there." added Sora. "Are you telling me that you're from another world?" asked Jibril, getting closer to us. "So?" asked Sora back. "That's impossible." I turned my head slightly and asked: "Steph, explanation?" But before she could, Jibril said: "If one were to summon a living being from another world, they would need a massive amount of energy to tether them here. Even beings as mighty as the Old Dei would have difficulties coping." Sora said: "I wouldn't know about that, but the evidence speaks for itself. Take a look at this. I doubt you'll be able to rea-" "What are you saying? I am fluent in each and every one of the seven-hundred known languages, so naturally I-" She stopped herself from talking as she saw the words on the screen. "I can't... I can't read it?" I said: "It's japanese." Sora taught me how to read it a bit. "An encyclopedia from a world I don't know? All that knowledge i-inside this little board. Forty thousand!" She got literally crazy, drooling all over it. "You're drooling! You're drooling!" said Sora quickly. She calmed down and said: "E-Excuse my faux pas. I see now. This thin board has certainly piqued my curiosity, but even so, your claim about being from another world remains questionable at best." "Then how do you want us to prove it?" "You'll have to allow me to perform a physical." "A physical? And why's that? What would you be checking anyway?" asked Sora, tightening his grip around me. Jibril smiled as she answered: "Your erogenous zones."