44-God's mercy

Hello, everyone!

I'm still alive and back with an update for y'all!

I do apologize, again, for taking forever, but here it is :)

And thank you @Serendipitious_Irene for suggesting a new website for me to stream ngnl <3

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I wish you guys a great day / night!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[𝔾𝕠𝕕'𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕪]

⤞3rd Person Pov

All of Izuna's senses were suddenly sharpened. She was on very, very high alert. Yet, she couldn't pick up the slightest presence of the woman that stood right in front of her.

"So I was right, after all." said the woman, a wicked grin taking over her features. Stunned, the trio that was being attacked widened their eyes, with Sora asking: "(N/N)?! How did you... do that?"

She grinned, twirling her gun around to show off, saying: "Oh, nothing special, you know. But now, Izuna, I figured it out. We will win." The determination and certainty in her voice caused Izuna to tremble.

Never before had she been this scared of an opponent. Her heart was beating rapidly, and for a short moment, it was all she could hear. "Oh? I was actually right about two things, huh? You're finally enjoying this game, aren't you?" asked (Y/N), an innocent smile gracing her lips.

At that Izuna was more than just confused. Until she noticed the smile on her own face. "Huh? Wh-Why am I... smiling, please?" she asked herself, taking a wobbly step back. Then, her expression darkened as she shot four times at the ground, making the love-bullets bounce around the room.

Before they could hit anyone, however, Shiro had shot at them herself, easily nullifying them all. But in that short moment, Izuna was gone. Sighing, (Y/N) lightly shook her head, saying: "Ah, I knew I should've shot her the moment I had the chance."

"No, this is fine." said Sora, a grin presenting itself on his face. (Y/N) perked up, asking: "Are you sure? I mean, I absolutely love this game, but we have a lot at stake. Remember?" She gestured to the glowing spot on her collarbone, indicating that they bet their race piece.

He placed his arm around her shoulder, saying: "Geez, (N/N), trust me with this. Blank won't ever lose. Especially with you on the line. Got that?" She simply nodded, a light, pinkish color shading her cheeks as she said: "Alright. I'll trust you." "That's what I wanted to hear!"

Time skip: night-time

⤞3rd Person Pov

"So now we're finally on the defensive again. I'm counting on you, Shiro, (Y/N)." stated Sora, his expression showing just how much he wanted to finish the game. (Y/N) rolled her eyes, while Shiro nodded, continuing to scribble down different equations.

"You sure you don't want me to just go after her? I'm sure I could manage." suggested (Y/N), looking up at him. He shook his head, answering: "That'd be too reckless. She can't sense you, so she'll definitely be vary of her surroundings. And if she finds and shoots you, god have mercy on us..."

Chuckling, (Y/N) said: "Okay, okay. I get it. I'll stay here." "Your luck just ran out, Sora!" yelled an all too familiar voice, belonging to none other than the one and only Stephanie Dola. She held her gun up, ready to shoot her target.

"I'm getting you back for all you've done to me, and for my dear Izuna!" she said, fully meaning everything she said. But, of course she didn't get very far. Instead, Sora shot three times at her, making all of her clothes disappear. Then, Jibril did the last shot, making Steph fall head over heels for her.

Now clinging onto Jibril, Steph said: "You're so mean, Jibril! Where did you go? You left me! I won't let you go anymore!" "It was a bad idea to bring her along." said Sora and (Y/N) at the same time, both sighing at the sight in front of them.

After a short while of silence, and (Y/N) and Jibril shooting down the NPCs, Jibril asked: "Shiro-sama, what will be our next step?" "Jibril, shut up." replied Shiro, biting the nail on her thumb in order to help her concentrate on her equations.

Jibril then turned her head to look at Sora, saying: "Master, maybe this really is impossible. Even for Shiro-sama." "No, she can do it." he said without missing a beat. "If there's something I can't do in a game, Shiro can do it. That's always been true, and it always will be." he added.

"Nii." called Shiro, gaining all of their attention. "Do you believe in me?" At that question, Sora grinned a bit, asking back: "Has your brother ever doubted you?" "Then, Nii, this time..." she said, looking up from her equations.

"...it's your turn, okay?"

After that, a single shot was fired, aiming for Sora. And in that very same moment, Shiro had pushed him out of the way. However, that bullet was quickly turned into nothingness as another one hit it.

Slightly confused, Shiro turned her head, looking over at the third, newest member of blank. She had a serious expression on her face as she said: "Don't forget about me. We're a team, after all." Shiro's eyes widened as she saw how another bullet flew at (Y/N), holding a hand out in hopes to achieve at least something.

However, she couldn't do anything. She couldn't do anything but watch as (Y/N) was hit with the bullet, pink hearts appearing around her for a short moment. Time seemed to stop for a moment, in which all three, Sora, Shiro, and Jibril, were utterly terrified.

This was, without a doubt, the worst case scenario.

Not only did they lose their secret weapon against Izuna, but (Y/N) was also the one with the most love energy stored in her gun. Suddenly, Izuna jumped out of her hiding place, shooting at the siblings, while (Y/N) pointed her gun at Jibril. "I'm sorry, master (Y/N). I should've protected you with my life." said the Flügel, grabbing both Shiro and Sora, and running away immediately.

As soon as they made it a safe distance away, Jibril let her masters down, saying: "It's over, isn't it? I don't understand why (Y/N)-sama didn't dodge, seeing that she was well aware of her surroundings."

"Well, I wasn't lying when I asked for god's mercy should this happen." said Sora, thinking hard about what would come next. He then sighed, saying: "It's up to Shiro and me to complete the magic formula that will lead us to the promised victory. That's right, isn't it, (Y/N)?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/62557882303227761/