16 | jimin

Although it's winter, it's not that cold. I only wear a thick sweatshirt, jeans and a scarf, I'm ok. But I no longer feel the tip of my nose.

I have goosebumps now.

It covers all of my skin.

I am swinging in the hammock, with the bag on the floor, my hands in the pockets of the sweatshirt.

Yes, that hammock. In that park.

Goosebumps are caused by the memories I have left in this park. Those memories no longer have meaning.

My gaze is fixed on the grass, where Chaerin and I made love.

But now that life is over, she is. Now I have Yunbae and I am happy. Often you have to give up one thing to have another.

I get up from the hammock and stretch. Bad idea, the whole sweatshirt has risen revealing my belly, exposing it to the cold that is there.

《Aish, I'd better go home.》

I take the bag with the shopping I made for lunch and walk home. I also arrange the scarf to cover myself more.

As soon as I get back I go straight to the kitchen and prepare some food. Yunbae is probably studying in her room.

《Yunbae!》 I call her from the kitchen.

《Yeah?》

《Lunch is ready, wash your hands and come!》

《Ok, coming!》

I feel her feet running out of her room into the bathroom, she turns on the sink water and as soon as she finishes she comes into the kitchen, smiling and beaming.

《What have you prepared?》 She asks.

《Something simple, kimbap.》

《How come?》 She must be surprised, I don't usually prepare such simple things.

《We have something to do today.》

《Really?!》 she asks excitedly. 《Is that a surprise?》 She takes a huge bite of the food and looks with big eyes for my answer.

《More or less, before I wanted to talk.》

《Ok ...》 her excitement slowly fades away.

Things are going well. Yunbae continued her studies, she has to make up for a couple of years in a short time, she is studying in a school here near Busan, where we stayed. In the house where Chaerin and I lived together for a while.

I stare at the plate with the kimbap I have prepared, immersing myself in my thoughts.

《Don't you eat?》

《Ah yes, yes.》 I shake my head, rubbing my eyes.

My sister stares at me silently. 《Were you thinking about her?》

I bite my lip, nodding. You know me so well ...

《Jimin,》 her hand takes mine, 《You have to forget about her.》

《Yunbae, it's hard, I loved her, I love her-》

《You don't love her Jimin, you thought you loved her, you were obsessed with her. Do you realize that?》 Her expression is a pity, for me.

I ruffle my hair.

《Ours was a deep connection.》 I say.

《You thought so. But whatever, you have me now, we also have a deep connection.》