1 | i'm here, still alive

My heart still beats and my skin still feels.
My lungs are breathing, my mind is still afraid.
My ears can hear and my mouth can speak.
My spirit speaks, I know my soul believes.

Aurora - Running With The Wolves
______________________________________

Cold, I look like a lone wolf.
That's what my character has become. At least, that's what the few people who spoke to me told me.

"You are so cold"

"Smile more"

"Don't be an unsociable wolf"

Ugh, just fuck off, those annoy me. People like that I eventually excluded from my daily life.

So I started wearing a mask. Not because I cared what people thought of me, but because you need to maintain connections with people if you want to survive here. The more people you know the better, but if you have a good relationship with them, you can take advantage of them.

And having anti-social behaviour is not the best tactic. So I had to adapt.

I thought going to college would change my life. But no, not as I expected.

I left my home and live near the university, in a small apartment. It's not very far but I save myself those couple of hours of travel. Now I have a job to support myself, the money my mom left me I saved for emergencies. I want to be independent.

I had to make a selection of the people I wanted to spend my next years here with. The ones I know would help me and come in handy. A person who knows everything about everyone, a smart person and then one who would do anything for me, because they are too good or because they are interested in me. And other.

《Chaerin!》

Momo's long arm pokes out of a bench not far from where I am. I smile at her and approach her with my books for the next lessons.

Try to guess who she is of the three people I just listed.

I pull up the sweatshirt I'm wearing, this winter will be cold, I feel it.

《Waaah you have no clue what I just heard!》 She says excitedly clapping her hands on the wooden table, she looks at me with her big eyes as she quivers to tell me the latest spicy gossip about some poor student.

《I'm all ears!》
I sit in front of her placing the books on the table. The bench is cold and it's freezing my ass. I still can't explain how penguins hatch on ice.

The good thing about this place is that it has an internal garden for students, it's all cared for with flowers and evergreen grass. Because it's as fucking fake as the people who step on it, I'm no less.

Momo claps hands together like a little girl. 《Guess who!》

《I don't know, the evil queen?》 There is a girl who is called that, for the simple fact that she always tells the truth in people's faces and no one knows how to accept them.

《Ddaeng, wrong! Kim Rae was caught "buying" her grades from a professor.》

《What do you mean by "buying"?》

Momo holds back a laugh, puts her face close to me and looks around. As if the news hadn't already been around campus. 《She was giving him her ass, literally, just to get the highest grades.》

That's why she was the best in her class. 《Whatever, almost everyone here does that.》

Well yes, this is my life now. I'm still Chaerin, but a little different, you'll see it later.