17 | mom

《We are going to see mom.》 I say, starting the car.

《What ?!》she screams in shock.

《Mom asked me about you, she knows we live together, she just wants to see you Yunbae.》 I couldn't deny her this, she is still our mom and to show her that her daughter is fine is a minimum of being human.

《See me ?! What if she wants to put me back in that place?》 She asks almost panicking.

《It won't happen, they can't.》 I take her by the shoulders and try to reassure her. She is trembling, her breathing quickened.

《Hey, don't worry, I won't let them hurt you.》 I caress her cheek.

Not after what they did to her.

I know it's not perfect timing, especially after what she told me at lunch.

We arrive at the place that our mom had sent me through messages. It's a place, like McDonald's, but it's empty. Inside, there is only mom.

Yunbae notices her immediately, her eyes look like mirrors. 《Is that her?》 This is the first time she has seen her in years.

I nod, keeping my gaze fixed on her seated silhouette. 《Yes.》

I take her hand. 《Stay here, I'll be in first.》

I close the door and go inside the place, Mom gets up immediately as soon as she sees me.

《Jimin!》 She runs up to me and she immediately hugs me, inhaling my perfume and stroking me.

As soon as she pours her affection on me I realize that I have missed her. I can smell her perfume flooding my nostrils. I return her embrace.

《Did you book everything so that we were alone?》

《Yes.》 She's got shining eyes.

She invites me to sit down. I still think it's a weird place to come to see us. 《What about Yunbae?》 She asks.

I could see that she wanted to ask me from the beginning. 《Now she's not here.》

She takes my hand and squeezes it in hers, we are sitting opposite each other at a table.

She smiles at me lovingly.
《Are you ok?》

《Yup.》

She doesn't look good, she looks more neglected than usual.

《Well ...》 she looks away from me, sees where Yunbae is and looks back at me.

《Listen Jimin, there are some things you need to know.》

I'm starting to worry. 《Yunbae, she's not well, there's a reason she was in the psychiatric hospital.》

I jump up, freeing myself from her grip.

《Mom, what are you saying? How can you say this about your daughter ?!》

I'm out of my mind, anger is taking over my voice.

《Jimin ...》 it seems my reaction hurt her. But that's what she deserves for saying those things.

《Mom, how could you do this to your daughter ?!》

I will say everything I have kept inside for these years.

《My son, it's harder than you think.》

《It's difficult?!》 I quickly approach my mom's face who had stood up like me.
《Is it difficult to take care of a daughter?!》 I ask screaming.

She looks down in shame because she knows what she has done. She knows that it is also her fault that Yoongi managed to take Yunbae away.

《You took her away by force!》 I hiss with hatred.

She can play the victim and the grieving mom as much as she wants ... but that's not how it works.

《Is it so difficult to visit her ?! Do you have any idea what she went through in there?》 My tears are starting to fall.

《I visited her! Both your father and I are-》

《That bastard is not my father!》
I scream in exasperation.

I feel my chest tighten.

Mom tries to reply but our screams are interrupted by Yunbae's voice.

《Mom?》

《Yunbae?》 I whirl around to see Yunbae at the entrance door.

They look each other straight in the eye. They take my breath away. They look so much alike and now I see it even more. Quickly wipe my tears, she doesn't have to see me.

《Mom ...》 Yunbae's voice is shaky, she enters and slowly approaches us.

The woman smiles at her children with deep love, despite everything, she loves them. Seeing them closely gives her a sense of joy and sadness.

《How are you?》 Our mom asks.

《All these years, the only thing you say is “how are you?”》 I ask with hate in my voice.

《Jimin ... give me time to talk-》

《I've had enough, we're going away.》 I take my sister's hand and drag her back into the car with me.

I immediately put my bike on and go away skidding to get away as fast as possible from here.

During the whole journey, Yunbae didn't say a word, like me.

The woman watches her children go away with a broken heart in her hand and the pain that only a mother who is worried about her children can understand. But she can't let the situation continue like this.

She knows the decision is extreme, but she has no choice.

She takes her phone in her shaking hand, dials someone's number.

She passes a few rings until she answers.

《Yeah?》

《Yoongi, please help Jimin. The situation is serious.》

《What happened?》

《He's with Yunbae.》

《What? Since when?》

《For a long time. We have to do something.》 Nobody knew, but she's been watching her children from afar, all the time.

《I knew she was out of the hospital but I didn't know she was with Jimin.》 Yoongi says thoughtfully. 《I'll make sure to settle the matter, like last time.》

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Hola people💜 forgive my disappearance 🥲 but my desire to write was very low these days and I could not concentrate. I'm suffering from anxiety and I have pent-up anger, I am trying to work on it. For the rest, I'm "fine".
How are you? Ready to go back to school/work / or else? 🥰